Subscribe to my Blog!Enter your email address below:
Follow Me – AliOnTheRun1
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- November 30, 2012 by Ali'Tis The Season To Be Giving (So How About An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway?)
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
When did that happen?
Did you remember to say Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit this morning? I did, though it wasn’t the first thing out of my mouth. I think the first thing out of my mouth was, “F you, 5 am, stop yelling at me.”
Today is going to be awesome. I hope you agree.
One of my July goals is to minimize stress in my life. There will always be inevitable stressors that arise and that I cannot totally control. But I can do my best not to further aggravate myself by worrying about them, because stress = Crohn’s. Right now my body is headed back to its happy, disease-free-ish place, and I’d like for it to stay that way.
Of course, being stressless means tackling To Do list items as methodically as possible.
One of last night’s tasks involved organizing my jewelry box.
It’s been messy and driving me crazy, so I got organized. And now I feel much better.
I laid everything out, did some untangling, and put everything neatly into the box o’ jewels.
I give it about a week until it’s a mess again. But for now, I’ll take it.
I was up with the sun this morning to get to the gym. I’m starting to get into this morning spinning thing on days I don’t run! I love getting to the gym when it’s empty and having everything to myself.
Before spinning, I did some ab things, some arm things and some stretching, and I had a little fun with the foam roller.
We have an intimate relationship, Mr. Foam Roller and I.
I also made my return to planks!
I went through a phase where I was so diligent about doing planks. I would do two 2-minute regular planks (on the elbows) and 1-minute side planks on each side. I definitely felt my core getting stronger when I was doing this regularly.
But as my days got busier, I stopped making time and, honestly, just got bored with them. Planks are hard.
Planking my little heart out this morning felt great though. Note to self: get back in the habit.
The spin class was tougher than I expected. The instructor had us doing uphill sprints and climbs and all kinds of crazy things. I was a sweaty beast. Nothing new to report there.
So, now that we’re officially six months through 2011, it’s check-in time.
When the year kicked off, I, naturally, made a list: 2011 Resolutions. How am I doing with those goals? Let’s find out:
- Take a tap class. Fail.
- Try out Yoga to the People: Fail.
- Take a SoulCycle and/or Flywheel class: Haven’t made it to SoulCycle, but I did try a Flywheel class and definitely plan to return!
- Run a sub 2-hour 1/2 marathon: Done. I ran a 1:44 at the National Half Marathon. I think that’s my highlight of 2011 so far.
- Don’t nag ABS about apartment things: Haha. Fail?
- Travel somewhere new: Fail. Stay tuned.
- See Becky: Done!
- Read three books: Almost done. I read The Help (liked, didn’t love) and I read Bossypants (obsessed, can’t wait to re-read). I’m currently in the middle of a third book, and then this resolution is toast.
- Hit a “certain number” in my savings account: Considering my unplanned apartment move, this probably won’t happen. But you never know. An anonymous donor could pop up and offer me his millions. And according to an email I got the other day, I do have some Nigerian dollars coming my way from a distant relative or king or something.
- Complete a marathon! September 24. See you at the finish.
Not bad! You better watch your back, 2011 — it kind of looks like I’m dominating you.
I’m in a completely different place right now than I predicted I would be in when this year started. I couldn’t be happier though.
The beginning of this year brought on a ton of drama and stress and things I thought would bring down my entire year. Run For The Rabbit came at the best time for me and it helped bring me out of a potentially bad, long funk. Now it’s July and life is looking good. I feel like I’m in a good place.
Also, I’m getting a massage today.
And tomorrow I go to Disney World.
Game on, 2011. We have many good times still ahead of us.
TELL ME: How are your New Year’s Resolutions coming along? Did you make any and, if so, have you stuck with them? Plus, if you’ve got goals for the second half of 2011, now’s the time to make ‘em!