Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- "I felt most comfortable, most safe, and least anxious when I was home, eating chips and salsa, watching Parenthood… https://t.co/evmrdtU2m2 05:09:52 PM August 16, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- What if I told you... ...I've got another live show in the works? In NYC. Pre-baby. Stay tuned. 03:49:47 PM August 16, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Thanks for the Ali on the Run Show love, @nyrr! (And @Steve_Mura!) Lots of good advice in here! https://t.co/BqPI0GP5AP 11:55:46 AM August 16, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “I haven’t always failed gracefully, but I’ve always come back.” @losingrace is on the Ali on the Run Show today!… https://t.co/MjIMCHVEUX 07:27:56 AM August 16, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- August 15, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 92: Laura Anderson, 2018 Buffalo Marathon Winner
- August 13, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 29
- August 7, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 91: What's New With You Week with Sarah Sellers
- August 7, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 28
- August 6, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 90: What's New With You Week with Gwen Jorgensen
I Love My Dad
I’m back in NYC (with a coach-approved 3-mile run behind me, no less).
Charlotte was good to me and I’ll update a bit more tomorrow, but I wanted to post a little note to wish all the fathers out there a very Happy Father’s Day.
Yet another holiday that should be acknowledged more often. But I’ll let it slide.
I think my dad knows that I think about him every day and that he is the apple of my eye.
My dad is my hero.
He is the greatest guy I know.
He is so smart, so hardworking and so passionate about everything he does.
I admire the way he fixes things. If something breaks, he buys tools to make it right. He never pays someone to do the work he can do himself. (And of course, I now judge all the men I date based on whether they’re willing to get their hands dirty or just hand over money to fix the problem.)
I look up to the way he gets everything done all the time. You think my To Do list is long? I’ve got nothing on him. He’s the busiest guy I know, but he still makes time to call his [favorite] daughter to catch up whenever he can.
My dad is big on tough love. My brother and I hated studying for tests with our dad when we were younger. My mom asked the easy questions — the ones we knew the answers to. My dad asked the harder, outside-the-box questions. He wanted to make sure we weren’t just memorizing material. He wanted us to learn.
When I’m upset, I can’t talk to my dad. All I do is cry. Something about hearing his voice does that to me. But he always ends up making me feel better.
Sure we’ve had fights.
Sure we disagree on some things.
But at the end of the day, there’s no one I look up to more than my dad. I want to be just like him when I grow up.
So Happy Father’s Day, Dad. I wish I could be spending it with you, but I’m thinking of you today and every other day. You are the best dad in the world (sorry other dads, he wins). I love you!
Side note: Check out my guest post over at The Runner’s Kitchen!
I wrote a little piece for Megan about why working out in the morning is awesome.
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!