Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Excited to share today's bonus episode with @CarrieTollefson, who just ran a 2:51 marathon at the Twin Cities Marat… https://t.co/aR94n5RILl about 19 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Exactly one year ago, I woke up at 5 AM for a 6:15 otfedgewater class. I was home by 7:30, showered, and then edite… https://t.co/YPqgJL073S about 21 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
- September 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 177: You Can Run a Marathon Q&A with Greg McMillan & Dr. Cathy Yeckel
Hi From Charlotte!
I woke up at the blissfully late hour of 7:30 this morning — and I woke up in a big bed in Charlotte, NC!
My trip is off to a great start. I worked from home yesterday, which was far busier and more stressful than anticipated.
Some good news: I called my doctor yesterday and pretty much begged him to prescribe me some Prednisone. I told him that I’m confident this is a flare-up — I’ve been through this enough times to recognize the symptoms. He said he trusted me and was able to call in a rush order of the Steroid to my pharmacy. I got one dose in me before I even left for the airport.
Mentally, that’s a huge weight lifted. I’ve now taken three doses (I’m on a pretty low dose so it may be a slow process) and while I don’t feel any better physically, I am a bit calmer knowing relief is on the way.
My flight last night was delayed, but I was plenty occupied and entertained with the wireless access in the JetBlue terminal at JFK (love that).
The flight was uneventful and I landed at 7:18 pm where I was greeted by my best friend and bride-to-be, Becky.
We’ve been best friends since we were 4 or something small like that.
We were inseparable.
We wore matching outfits. It’s amazing we had any other friends.
We danced together and did, well, everything else together, too.
But now, Becky lives in Charlotte and I’m in NYC, so we don’t see each other nearly as often as we’d both like.
I was so honored when Becky asked me to be the Maid of Honor in her wedding. So I’m down here visiting and doing wedding things all weekend.
Last night we got a yummy Mexican dinner at Cantina, a restaurant near Becky and John’s (her fiance) house.
This morning we slept until 7:30, which was outstanding, then headed out for a 3.5 mile run. We have dubbed it the “Becky and Alison 5K” and will hopefully turn it into an annual event.
Only in the future I hopefully won’t have to stop midway through at a Harris Teeter grocery store to use the bathroom.
So yeah. Still not healed, but so happy to be spending a weekend with my best friend.
Now I’m signing off because there’s lots to be done — we’re going bridesmaid dress shopping, getting pedicures, hitting up a mall (I miss malls!) and addressing Save the Dates.
Have a great weekend, friends!
TELL ME: Do you have a best friend? I refer to lots of people as my “best friend” but Becky is affectionately known as my “Real Best Friend” (capitalized because it’s her formal title).