Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Today was one of my all-time favorite days as a mom. @brian_cristiano surprised Annie and me with front-row tickets… https://t.co/Mxg9GHLE5a 06:56:01 PM January 19, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- WOW! 🔥🔥🔥 https://t.co/hsdwn31r95 10:12:49 AM January 19, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I’m at a loss for words because I’ve had like six glasses of champagne, but mostly, today is the best. This week ha… https://t.co/dh5NdfccI6 02:25:44 PM January 18, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: The best parts of my week. There were so many! https://t.co/J72EjfuQDn 11:41:22 AM January 17, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
- January 8, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 198: Rachel Gersten, Co-Founder of Viva Wellness
I’m in love with this warm weather! Sure, it means I get that sexy upper-lip sweat by the time I get to the subway in the morning, and it requires me to wake up beyond early on the weekends to run before the heat hits, but it’s worth it.
Sunshine = happiness.
After work yesterday (at 12:30 pm!) I went to the gym to start my weekend with a sweat session. A little spinning and I was a happy girl.
I walked home leisurely, strolling through Bryant Park where I was beyond excited to see these new signs posted:
Fresh air = Happy Ali.
I ran a bunch of errands all afternoon, which included a stop at a bar near my apartment for a 4 pm glass of vino with a friend.
And then I was a little drunk.
A few hours later I joined a friend for dinner (burgers at Shake Shack) and a movie (The Hangover Part 2). I dressed like a cowboy for the occasion.
The burgers were delicious and the movie was funny. I definitely didn’t love it as much as the first one, but I giggled a lot.
After the movie and a long walk along the river (so nice at night!), I was ready for today’s early wakeup call.
You know you’re a runner when you wake up just as early on the weekends as you do during the week — or earlier.
My alarm this morning was set for 6:30 am so I could go running before it got too hot.
Coach Cane wanted me to run 8 miles: the first 6 slower than my half marathon goal pace, and the final two at my half marathon goal pace.
I came pretty close to nailing it!
For the most part I felt good while I was running. I did make a bathroom stop around mile 4, but it wasn’t urgent. I was just near a bathroom and figured I’d use it.
The 8 miles flew by. Central Park was vibrant this morning and filled with happy, athletic people out sweating their faces off. Great people watching, as always.
As soon as I finished running I jumped on the subway to head downtown. I don’t normally spin after I run, but my favorite class was happening and I felt strong enough after running that I knew I could handle it.
The class, as always, was awesome. Tons of energy. Matt, the instructor, was shocked that the class was filled on a holiday weekend, and at one point someone shouted back to him, “It’s because we love you!”
Once I finished spinning, I was disgusting.
In desperate need of a shower.
And yet I didn’t go straight home.
Sorry, NYC pedestrians.
I swung by Whole Foods to pick up some goodies before finally making it back to my apartment and taking a cold shower.
Cold showers on hot days = therapeutic.
Now I’m home getting a few things done, and soon I’ll shower and get ready for the fun night ahead.
Two of the most amazing people I know are getting married tonight. I cannot wait to be at their wedding. I’m going to cry like a baby I’m sure.
Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend!