- The episode of Friends where they all turn 30 is on. IT'S A SIGN. about 7 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I DO NOT LIKE THIS SHIRT. http://t.co/AkHntkkQwk about 14 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Closing out my twenties with a picture-perfect morning in Central Park. 10x400m lingering on the… https://t.co/cj4Zz39Av5 about 17 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Look at that moon!! 08:58:02 PM May 04, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- April 29, 2015 by Ali11 Things I Loved About Running Around Washington, D.C.
- April 23, 2015 by AliAn Update On That Party We're Planning
- April 20, 2015 by AliMORE/FITNESS/SHAPE Half Marathon Recap
- April 13, 2015 by AliThe Best Things In The World
- April 1, 2015 by Ali40 Days To Personal Revolution: Final Recap
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
I’m in love with this warm weather! Sure, it means I get that sexy upper-lip sweat by the time I get to the subway in the morning, and it requires me to wake up beyond early on the weekends to run before the heat hits, but it’s worth it.
Sunshine = happiness.
After work yesterday (at 12:30 pm!) I went to the gym to start my weekend with a sweat session. A little spinning and I was a happy girl.
I walked home leisurely, strolling through Bryant Park where I was beyond excited to see these new signs posted:
Fresh air = Happy Ali.
I ran a bunch of errands all afternoon, which included a stop at a bar near my apartment for a 4 pm glass of vino with a friend.
And then I was a little drunk.
A few hours later I joined a friend for dinner (burgers at Shake Shack) and a movie (The Hangover Part 2). I dressed like a cowboy for the occasion.
The burgers were delicious and the movie was funny. I definitely didn’t love it as much as the first one, but I giggled a lot.
After the movie and a long walk along the river (so nice at night!), I was ready for today’s early wakeup call.
You know you’re a runner when you wake up just as early on the weekends as you do during the week — or earlier.
My alarm this morning was set for 6:30 am so I could go running before it got too hot.
Coach Cane wanted me to run 8 miles: the first 6 slower than my half marathon goal pace, and the final two at my half marathon goal pace.
I came pretty close to nailing it!
For the most part I felt good while I was running. I did make a bathroom stop around mile 4, but it wasn’t urgent. I was just near a bathroom and figured I’d use it.
The 8 miles flew by. Central Park was vibrant this morning and filled with happy, athletic people out sweating their faces off. Great people watching, as always.
As soon as I finished running I jumped on the subway to head downtown. I don’t normally spin after I run, but my favorite class was happening and I felt strong enough after running that I knew I could handle it.
The class, as always, was awesome. Tons of energy. Matt, the instructor, was shocked that the class was filled on a holiday weekend, and at one point someone shouted back to him, “It’s because we love you!”
Once I finished spinning, I was disgusting.
In desperate need of a shower.
And yet I didn’t go straight home.
Sorry, NYC pedestrians.
I swung by Whole Foods to pick up some goodies before finally making it back to my apartment and taking a cold shower.
Cold showers on hot days = therapeutic.
Now I’m home getting a few things done, and soon I’ll shower and get ready for the fun night ahead.
Two of the most amazing people I know are getting married tonight. I cannot wait to be at their wedding. I’m going to cry like a baby I’m sure.
Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend!