- New post: It's baaaack. But NBD. Hopefully. http://t.co/JgFzjTZ3XG about 15 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hahahaha YES to this. http://t.co/RnbZhVAKkp 06:12:06 PM July 26, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: Good to see you again, Crohn's. JK NOT GOOD AT ALL, I HATE YOUR GUTS. But that's what's happening. http://t.co/JgFzjTZ3XG 05:25:57 PM July 26, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 26, coming in hot. Countdown's on, @boldworldwide: two months to go! #GoTeamCristiano… https://t.co/QAlipvGCXQ 01:00:09 PM July 26, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
My Brain Says Go, My Body Says No
I’m writing this post from the comfort of my own apartment, where I’ve set up shop for the day.
(Needless to say there will be no office bathroom outfit photo today — I’m wearing pajamas right now.)
My body is feeling pretty run down today. Between the recent stomach issues and a huge lack of sleep, I’m not feeling so hot.
Yesterday after work I went to the gym for some simple strength training. No cardio. Just a Chisel class. I actually felt totally fine during the class, and then I walked most of the way home, which was nice. Fresh air does a body good.
I also got my photos from the Brooklyn Half Marathon. In case you thought they’d be good, you were wrong.
So those entertained me for a while.
Will I be purchasing any for the keeping? Absolutely not.
I didn’t get great sleep last night, and when my alarm went off at 5 am I pretty much shook my head, said “No way,” and emailed my boss that I’d be taking a sick day. She wrote a very sweet response that may as well have said “I get it, you’re training for a marathon. Take care of yourself. Seriously.”
P.S. Don’t die.
It was amazing staying in bed for a few extra hours this morning. My body was pretty happy.
Coach Cane wanted me to run 5 miles today, including a warm-up, two laps of the Central Park Reservoir at my half marathon goal pace, and a cool-down.
After getting some extra rest, I actually thought I felt OK enough to run.
I’m not always the brightest.
So I suited up, and I went for it…in the heat.
The warm-up was OK. It took me a while to, well, warm-up.
The first lap of the Reservoir went surprisingly well. I maintained a 7:45 pace for most of it.
Then, like a shovel to the face (or something?), I got hit. Exhaustion took over. My second lap was not so speedy. It wasn’t my favorite run.
I ran in lots of puddles though, which is always fun.
Due to the humidity, I was a sweaty beast by the time I got back to my apartment.
Sometimes, like when I’m dripping sweat all over my wood floors, I think about how happy I am to live alone. Judgment free zone.
But I rewarded myself for getting the run done by putting my awesome new, white sheets on my bed. The Bed Makeover Project of 2011 is officially complete!
I’m big on the reward system. Yesterday I purchased a massage gift certificate for myself. I’ll wait until something awesome happens to cash in on it, though. Perhaps a PR at the Fairfield Half Marathon?
So now I have the rest of my day to relax. Naturally, though, I made a To Do list for my sick day, and it has roughly 21 items on it. If I’m home I may as well be productive right? There’s also a trip to the doctor’s office in order. Such a fun day, huh?!
I’D LIKE TO KNOW: Are you motivated by rewards? How do you treat yourself or reward yourself after doing something awesome?