Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- HEY BOSTON! What do you get when you put four running podcasters in a room together and give them all microphones?… https://t.co/eQVY0ytuCu about 18 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Couldn't make it to the live show this weekend? Listen to it here! https://t.co/dVZ5bSenCD 07:44:37 AM March 20, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Baby’s first wink! Today was a day. And instead of dwelling on the stressful, the negative, the downright frustrat… https://t.co/QuTl5JB3Wz 09:55:33 PM March 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: My (very long) #UnitedNYCHalf Recap! First postpartum race: check! @nyrr @nyrrnews https://t.co/uvHeXsIhgc 01:38:56 PM March 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 129: LIVE at the United Airlines NYC Half
- March 19, 2019 by AliUnited Airlines NYC Half 2019 Recap
- March 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 128: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Nicole Detling, Sports Psychologist
- March 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 127: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Rachel Nazarian, Dermatologist
- March 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 126: Ali & the Experts Week with Shannon McLay, Founder of The Financial Gym
I Actually Hate Talking About The Weather
Hey hey hey!
It’s raining in NYC — and it’s supposed to rain all week. So get ready for lots of “Oh my gosh, can you believe it’s still raining?” conversations in the elevator. People love talking about the weather.
But there’s plenty of other stuff to talk about today. In case you’re behind, allow me to fill you in on what’s been happening in Ali On The Run land:
- On Friday, I was excited about the latest batch of Run For The Rabbit commercials that have been airing. You can watch them online, of course, but that’s not nearly as fun as seeing them on TV — which I did, last night, thanks to the schedule I was given as to exactly when they’d be airing. Hehe. I was pumped that “my” commercial came on the Food Network during “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.”
- I finally got my Frequently Asked Questions page up and running. Check it out, and if you have anything else you’re dying to know, email me at email@example.com. That’s easy, huh?
- On Saturday, I ran the UAE Healthy Kidney 10K in Central Park. I came out of the race with a new 10K PR, but I was left questioning whether it was truly a successful race or not based on the fact that I blatantly ignored my coach’s very specific race day advice. Oops. (He forgave me, by the way.) I also saw Bridesmaids, which is the funniest movie I’ve seen in a while.
- Sunday was filled with a rainy run, a sweaty spin class and puppy watching on the Upper East Side. I also did laundry which, you know, is super exciting. Plus, I registered for the Army 10 Miler in October, which I can’t wait to run. I’ve never run a 10 mile race before — which means I’m already set for a PR.
- I wrote a new blog post on my Run For The Rabbit page about learning to listen to my coach. So in case you’re not on blog overload already, enjoy that.
After a pretty busy weekend I was shocked that I woke up before my alarm this morning. It was set for 6:30 since Coach Cane has today as a running rest day (I get to cross train later though, thank God).
In fact, there are lots of running rest days this week since I’m racing the Brooklyn Half Marathon on Saturday.
I guess that’s fine — because did you hear that it’s supposed to rain all week?
So like I said, I woke up early this morning. At 6 am my body was like, “Hey Ali, why aren’t we running today? Let’s do stuff!”
I did some ab things. I did some push-ups. (I crapped out after 25 because I got bored.) I stretched for about .2 seconds.
Then I figured I’d just get ready for work.
So here I am, at the office before 8 am for no good reason.
And it’s raining.
Bad weather doesn’t mean a bad outfit, and today I put together a little something that I actually like.
Excuse the dress — she doesn’t photograph well.
Oh wait, that’s not the dress. It’s my sad little iPhone camera.
Anyway, I love this dress, and because it’s nice and windy outside, most of NYC got a lovely showing of my underwear this morning. You’re welcome, New York. Have a great day. Love, me and my thighs and butt cheeks.
Also, it has a little cutout in the back, which isn’t necessarily work appropriate, but it’s great for a summer day:
I’m not sure how thrilled the CEO of my company would be to see my open-back dress (which, by the way, is designed to perfectly show off my sports bra chafing scars), so blazer to the rescue.
Today will consist of blasting through my To Do list at work, followed by a Chisel and potential Spinning class at the gym. The evening will be topped off with some drinks with lady friends at a bar that’s on my block. Bonus points for the convenience factor on that one.
SOMETHING I NEED TO KNOW: I’m trying to be better and more consistent about packing lunch for work instead of buying lunch. Turns out, buying lunch daily in midtown Manhattan gets pretty expensive. What are your lunch staples? If you say salad, I will ignore you. I don’t eat salad, so that response will not be helpful. Responses like “brownies” and “hummus sandwiches” are more my style. Thank you for your help.
Also, tell me the best part of your weekend. Did you run a race? Did you pet a puppy? Did you sleep from Friday until Sunday? I like knowing these things. They bring us closer, don’t you think?