Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- High School Musical memes are forever my favorite thing on the internet. They never get old and they always make me… https://t.co/TFMmdGBHf8 about 11 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Local friends, come run this with me! A super fun 5K with @lululemon, and Ellie and Annie will be there, and we can… https://t.co/s4UOce8BrX about 17 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
Older & Wiser
Thank you all so much for the overwhelming birthday wishes yesterday! I felt very loved on the blog, Twitter, Facebook and, of course, in real life. (I know, real life? What’s that?)
I had a lovely, low-key day, which was exactly what I wanted.
Soooo yeah…everyone got me food.
Do my friends know me or what?
After work, I got dinner with a few friends at my favorite Thai restaurant downtown, followed by drinks with a group uptown. It was easy (Lauren did all the planning and coordinating), stress-free and so nice to spend time with some of my favorite people (and delicious alcoholic beverages).
So here’s how responsible I am now that I’m a year older: I consciously alternate taking sips of wine and sips of water. I mean, the sips aren’t necessarily equal. It’s OK for one sip of water to come after 19
gulps sips of wine. But still, that added water means the next morning is pretty much hangover-free.
Coach Cane had 12 miles on my training schedule for today, and in my head that was “no big deal.”
When did that happen?
When did 12 miles become “just another run?”
Marathon training is going to be so fun. I’m excited about it and am strangely looking forward to accomplishing my 15, 18 and 20 mile runs!
Despite not getting as much sleep as I probably should have (oops), I was excited to bang out 12 miles this morning.
The weather was amazing: sunny and in the mid-60s.
Central Park was alive: tons of people, smiling, happy, and not wearing jackets.
And I felt good…despite my mad dash for a bathroom somewhere around Mile 6.
Blame it on the birthday booze.
Anyway, the run went great and although I would have liked to tack on a few more miles, I’m carefully following Coach Cane’s plan.
I like rules. I like structure. I appreciate authority.
I’m not going to mess with Coach Cane.
After a trip to the grocery store, a shower and some serious snacking, I went downtown to join my friend Danielle at a street fair.
Street fairs are among my favorite things in NYC. They mean summer is here. They mean deliciously fried foods. They mean corn on a stick.
They mean awesome.
We walked around for a while, bought some gifts for people (Mom’s birthday is coming up!) and caught up on life.
Now I’m relaxing before heading out to celebrate Danielle’s birthday tonight!
Tomorrow = resting and catching up on life.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!