Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- June 20, 2017 by AliAn Update on the Crohn's Situation + Things I'm Loving Right Now
- June 15, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 37: Lindsey Hein, Host of the I'll Have Another Podcast
- June 13, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 36: My Least Favorite Motivational Phrases
- June 9, 2017 by Ali#YOLOCELINE2017
- June 8, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 35: Mia Michaels, Choreographer, Director & So You Think You Can Dance OG
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Last night I wrote about how I’m in a good place right now.
That’s true, don’t get me wrong.
I’m happy to be settled in my new apartment.
I’m being productive every day at work, which is a good feeling. (And I even got to take an actual lunch break today, which I spent taking a new spinning class at the gym.)
I’m thrilled to have been chosen as a Run For The Rabbit finalist and I’m eager to jump start my marathon training.
I’m happy to have great friends in NYC and beyond, and I’m always glad I live in the best city ever.
And obviously I love blogging, which started as a little way to document my workouts and maybe meet some people, but has turned into so much more than that for me. I’ve met wonderful people through this blog and have found an incredibly supportive, loving community of like-minded people.
But it’s a lot.
I have a lot on my plate these days — probably more than ever before — and it’s hard figuring out which things should take priority each day, or even each hour.
My job is an obvious priority — it’s the only way I can (just barely) afford this apartment.
My second priority right now is JackRabbit, but there are two parts to that: training for the Hamptons Marathon and raising money for the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation.
Luckily, I have a coach to help out with the running part. I’ll just do what he tells me!
I’m so passionate about both aspects of Run For The Rabbit, and while marathon training fits easily into my daily schedule, I’m starting to worry about how I’m going to raise all the money I want to raise for this cause that’s so important to me and my family. Plus, I currently have three Twitter accounts (personal, @Ali_RFR and work), two Facebook accounts (personal and JackRabbit) and two blogs (this one, obviously, and one on the Run For The Rabbit page). Social media overload!
Honestly, I want everything in my life to be a priority. Whoever decided that days would only be 24 hours long was crazy. That’s just not enough.
Lately I’ve made myself my last priority. I don’t sleep enough, that’s for sure, and I’ve been battling allergies for more than a month now but haven’t actually done anything about it (except, admittedly, complain).
Tomorrow morning I’ll be at the hospital getting my Remicade treatment, which I receive every eight weeks.
Getting the treatment means I sit in a chair for three hours…by myself…with lots of pillows and blankets. Sometimes I fall asleep. Sometimes I watch
the news “Regis & Kelly.” Sometimes I read.
I’d love to say that tomorrow I’ll sit in that chair and relax, but I know myself better than that. I’ll use the time to be productive!
So, To Do list, come tomorrow morning, you don’t stand a chance.
See ya bright and early — after the three mile training run Coach Cane has on my schedule.
TELL ME: How do you prioritize? What’s most important to you and what gets shifted to a back burner? I am well aware that I shouldn’t be de-prioritizing sleep. I promise to get better about that — or at least to try! But a big way I prioritize is making sure I don’t let other people down. If my responsibilities affect others, you can bet I’m going to get them done first.