- Crowd sourcing: Have you ever actually used ANY of the items in the "toiletry basket" in the bathroom at a wedding? about 12 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It took eight hours to drive to Vermont last weekend. Absolutely worth it. <3 I miss you already,… https://t.co/qHlnxMmayk about 12 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Uncle Jesse, where do u shop for pants??? #rippedjeanz #forever http://t.co/6LMxfchLUp 09:47:42 PM May 28, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- DJ IS BACK FROM SPAIN WITH A SURPRISE FOR THE TANNERS! The surprise is Steve. Her new lover. 09:06:51 PM May 28, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- May 21, 2015 by AliMy First Airbnb Experience
- May 18, 2015 by AliAirbnb Brooklyn Half Marathon Recap
- May 14, 2015 by AliMy Airbnb Brooklyn Half Marathon Hopes, Dreams, Goals, & Thanks
- May 6, 2015 by AliThis Is 30
- April 29, 2015 by Ali11 Things I Loved About Running Around Washington, D.C.
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Writing a blog about my life seems so silly when there are royal lives and weddings to obsess over!
I didn’t think I cared that much about the Royal Wedding, but I definitely got sucked in this morning.
Let’s go back in time. Stuff happened yesterday, and now I will talk about it.
After work I had my first meeting with Coach Cane to talk about how I’m going to train for and run the Hamptons Marathon in September. It was nice to get some one on one, off-camera time with him, and he gave me some great advice.
The most important thing he stressed with me is that I need to shift my focus away from such homogeneous workouts. He asked what I’ve been doing for workouts lately and I explained my “run too much, then go to the gym at night” schedule. He says that I’m fine sticking with morning and evening workouts and that it’s important to keep cross training. But he said that instead of just “going out for a run,” I’ll need to start adding speedwork and tempo workouts to my routine. He wants some of my workouts to be “really easy” and some of them to be “really hard.”
Coach Cane also emphasized the importance of making me into a “smarter athlete.” He wants me to be really aware of my body, to be able to recognize an oncoming injury and to talk to him as much as possible. He reassured me that there’s no such thing as communicating with him “too much,” so I hope he knows what he just did…
Get ready for hourly updates, Coach Cane.
Sometimes the emails will include jokes.
Oftentimes they’ll include things like, “I just sneezed so I obviously have Anthrax and SARS and the marathon is four months away so WHAT AM I GOING TO DO???”
Get excited, Coach Cane. Get excited.
We chatted for about 40 minutes and I left feeling energized and excited to get started. I still can’t believe I’m going to run a marathon in a few months. Didn’t I used to hate running?
More on that another time.
After our meeting, I walked around the city for a while. Usually when I’m in Central Park it’s on the main road, running my little heart out. It was nice to walk by and just appreciate the park without covering it in my sweat.
Last night involved the wine I had been hoping for. It also involved me being at a bar, seeing a guy that looked familiar, and then realizing that it’s my cousin’s husband’s twin brother. We were both in my cousin’s wedding. He did not remember me… But crazy, right? This world is small.
Despite a bit of a hangover, I woke up early this morning.
Maybe because a certain someone texted me at 4:15 am with, “Are you up?”
Uh, no. But I guess I am now.
I put the Royal Wedding coverage on while I did some slow, pathetic sit ups. I sort of stretched. Then I figured I’d put on sneakers.
Even though I was hungover.
Even though my allergies are preventing me from breathing like a normal human.
And even though there was history happening on TV.
Guess what, though? The run was really pretty.
I ran 4 miles. I got a little bit of mucus on the East River path. I sweat out Pinot Grigio.
I did another homogeneous workout.
Sorry, Coach Cane. Let’s start on Monday, OK?
On my way home, I stopped at “certain someone’s” apartment — we’re neighbors! — to watch some Royal Wedding coverage. I got sucked in.
I also needed a glass of water. Thanks, Lauren.
Watching all the coverage meant I had to rush to get ready for work, but I still made it in.
I will not be posting my outfit today. (Though I can tell you it’s the usual hangover outfit.) There is only one outfit that matters today, and it’s a flawless one.
I loved Kate’s dress, loved Pippa’s dress and definitely wouldn’t mind looking like either one of them for a day. Total babes.
SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT: We don’t need to talk about the Royal Wedding. Unless you want to…
OK, let’s talk about it. May as well indulge. Did you watch? What did you think of the coverage? (I could have at least used a little temperature reading in the corner — thanks for nothing, NBC.) Did you adore Catherine’s dress? (I did!) Do you have a girl crush on Pippa? (I do!) Do you think Prince Harry wants to meet me? (Duh.)