Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- If I just want to see the eclipse at prime time for like a second, what time should I go outside? THANKS. (Google gave too many answers.) about 18 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Yay! https://t.co/9Si5obtgST about 18 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This is hard to watch & seems unbelievable. But it's...not. Struggling for words these days. https://t.co/BeqtXP8end 12:51:17 PM August 16, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- August 3, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 39: Registered Dietitian Kelly Hogan
- July 18, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 38: I'm Back!
- June 20, 2017 by AliAn Update on the Crohn's Situation + Things I'm Loving Right Now
- June 15, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 37: Lindsey Hein, Host of the I'll Have Another Podcast
- June 13, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 36: My Least Favorite Motivational Phrases
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Thankful Things Thursday: Exciting Opportunities
I’ll be honest, I’m in kind of a crappy mood at the moment. It’ll pass, because it’s all fueled from morning commute issues: I left the apartment late, the first train I got on was packed and had a crazy lady on it who screamed “Jesus! Jesuuuuuus!” all the way from 86th Street to 59th, then I had to wait forever to transfer to the 6 train and then got stuck walking behind a woman who loved blowing her cigarette smoke in my face.
But, the commute is over, I’m seated in my cozy desk chair and I’m ready to get grateful.
Here’s what I’m thankful for today…
I’m thankful I slept through the night! I passed out hard last night and didn’t wake up once to pee. (We’re past the point of over-sharing here, aren’t we?) It felt amazing to only wake up when my alarm went off.
I’m thankful for my new shorts. I wore these Saucony shorts this morning and they’re great. I love that they have a zipper pocket in the back, which is where I put my apartment keys. They’re a bit shorter than I’m used to, but they were still really comfortable and didn’t ride up too bad while I was running.
I’m thankful I took yesterday off from running. It had been too long since I’d taken a running rest day, and it made today’s run so much better! I was excited to wake up and bang out 6.5 miles. My legs felt great and the weather was perfect. I definitely prefer running when it’s overcast as opposed to super sunny. Sure the post-run tan is nice, but overcast weather is much more manageable.
I’m thankful for sweat. Obviously. I was a beast this morning and definitely dripped sweat all over my nice (eh, semi-nice) wood floors. Oops.
Don’t say I didn’t warn you of my sexiness.
I’m thankful for amazing opportunities. Last week I got to announce that I’m one of the finalists running the Hamptons Marathon for JackRabbit’s Run For The Rabbit program. I’m so humbled and honored and excited to be a part of this awesome campaign. It was a rush seeing the commercials on TV and now I get to really get started. The process began when 327 people applied for the program. From there, 60 were brought in for screen tests, then six were chosen as finalists. I am still shocked that I got picked as a finalist.
Today I have my first meeting with Coach Cane and I’m eager to get my training plan and to ask him millions of questions (hope he’s ready for that). From there I’ll not only start training, I’ll start fundraising for the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America.
I’m definitely a little stressed out about the fundraising aspect of the competition (yes, it’s a competition — I’m competing against the other finalists to see who can raise the most money for their chosen charity). I’ve fundraised before, but this is on a much grander scale. And if you’ve been an Ali On The Run reader for more than a day, you know that I’m ultra competitive. I want to win this thing!
I’m thankful that you all know so much. I’ve thrown out a bunch of questions lately — about everything from underwear to compression socks — and your honest, helpful answers have been incredible. I can’t wait to keep using all of you as resources as I start training for the marathon.
I’m thankful for wardrobe staples. Honestly, I sort of hate my outfit today. It was lazy. But I’m still not sick of my white button down shirt that I got at the J.Crew outlet for $7. Score!
I’m thankful that tonight will include a glass (maybe more) of wine. This week has kicked my butt and I am ready for a drink (more likely three drinks).
I’m thankful for good friends. That one was easy.
YOUR TURN: Tell me what you’re thankful for today!
Posted in Crohn's disease, Hamptons Marathon Training, NYC, Outfits, Run For The Rabbit, Running, Thankful Things Thursday and tagged Crohns & Colitis Foundation, Fundraising, Hamptons Marathon, J.Crew, JackRabbit Sports, Jon Cane, Madewell, Run For The Rabbit, Running, Saucony, Thankful Things Thursday-