Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- On Friday night, in slight preparation for the next day’s #PopularBKHalf, I was reading my old Brooklyn Half race r… https://t.co/AGoghKdQMG about 6 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Bellagio fountains on their own make me cry. The Bellagio fountains at full blast with @celinedion &… https://t.co/Q8dFhg4Nka about 16 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- SO HAPPY I'M CRYING. OMG. This is perfect. https://t.co/eHEc2Q1M8k about 16 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- May 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 143: Motherhood Mondays with Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, OB/GYN & President of Saving Mothers
- May 15, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 142: Jen Ator, Women's Running Editor in Chief
- May 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 141: Motherhood Mondays with Colleen Lubin, Creator of Not Quite Knocked Up
- May 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 140: Carolyn Su, Creator of @diversewerun
- May 5, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 139: Motherhood Mondays with Abby Bales, Pelvic Floor Physical Therapist
Thankful Things Thursday: Exciting Opportunities
I’ll be honest, I’m in kind of a crappy mood at the moment. It’ll pass, because it’s all fueled from morning commute issues: I left the apartment late, the first train I got on was packed and had a crazy lady on it who screamed “Jesus! Jesuuuuuus!” all the way from 86th Street to 59th, then I had to wait forever to transfer to the 6 train and then got stuck walking behind a woman who loved blowing her cigarette smoke in my face.
But, the commute is over, I’m seated in my cozy desk chair and I’m ready to get grateful.
Here’s what I’m thankful for today…
I’m thankful I slept through the night! I passed out hard last night and didn’t wake up once to pee. (We’re past the point of over-sharing here, aren’t we?) It felt amazing to only wake up when my alarm went off.
I’m thankful for my new shorts. I wore these Saucony shorts this morning and they’re great. I love that they have a zipper pocket in the back, which is where I put my apartment keys. They’re a bit shorter than I’m used to, but they were still really comfortable and didn’t ride up too bad while I was running.
I’m thankful I took yesterday off from running. It had been too long since I’d taken a running rest day, and it made today’s run so much better! I was excited to wake up and bang out 6.5 miles. My legs felt great and the weather was perfect. I definitely prefer running when it’s overcast as opposed to super sunny. Sure the post-run tan is nice, but overcast weather is much more manageable.
I’m thankful for sweat. Obviously. I was a beast this morning and definitely dripped sweat all over my nice (eh, semi-nice) wood floors. Oops.
Don’t say I didn’t warn you of my sexiness.
I’m thankful for amazing opportunities. Last week I got to announce that I’m one of the finalists running the Hamptons Marathon for JackRabbit’s Run For The Rabbit program. I’m so humbled and honored and excited to be a part of this awesome campaign. It was a rush seeing the commercials on TV and now I get to really get started. The process began when 327 people applied for the program. From there, 60 were brought in for screen tests, then six were chosen as finalists. I am still shocked that I got picked as a finalist.
Today I have my first meeting with Coach Cane and I’m eager to get my training plan and to ask him millions of questions (hope he’s ready for that). From there I’ll not only start training, I’ll start fundraising for the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America.
I’m definitely a little stressed out about the fundraising aspect of the competition (yes, it’s a competition — I’m competing against the other finalists to see who can raise the most money for their chosen charity). I’ve fundraised before, but this is on a much grander scale. And if you’ve been an Ali On The Run reader for more than a day, you know that I’m ultra competitive. I want to win this thing!
I’m thankful that you all know so much. I’ve thrown out a bunch of questions lately — about everything from underwear to compression socks — and your honest, helpful answers have been incredible. I can’t wait to keep using all of you as resources as I start training for the marathon.
I’m thankful for wardrobe staples. Honestly, I sort of hate my outfit today. It was lazy. But I’m still not sick of my white button down shirt that I got at the J.Crew outlet for $7. Score!
I’m thankful that tonight will include a glass (maybe more) of wine. This week has kicked my butt and I am ready for a drink (more likely three drinks).
I’m thankful for good friends. That one was easy.
YOUR TURN: Tell me what you’re thankful for today!
Posted in Crohn's disease, Hamptons Marathon Training, NYC, Outfits, Run For The Rabbit, Running, Thankful Things Thursday and tagged Crohns & Colitis Foundation, Fundraising, Hamptons Marathon, J.Crew, JackRabbit Sports, Jon Cane, Madewell, Run For The Rabbit, Running, Saucony, Thankful Things Thursday-