- Crowd sourcing: Have you ever actually used ANY of the items in the "toiletry basket" in the bathroom at a wedding? about 16 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It took eight hours to drive to Vermont last weekend. Absolutely worth it. <3 I miss you already,… https://t.co/qHlnxMmayk about 16 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Uncle Jesse, where do u shop for pants??? #rippedjeanz #forever http://t.co/6LMxfchLUp 09:47:42 PM May 28, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- DJ IS BACK FROM SPAIN WITH A SURPRISE FOR THE TANNERS! The surprise is Steve. Her new lover. 09:06:51 PM May 28, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- May 21, 2015 by AliMy First Airbnb Experience
- May 18, 2015 by AliAirbnb Brooklyn Half Marathon Recap
- May 14, 2015 by AliMy Airbnb Brooklyn Half Marathon Hopes, Dreams, Goals, & Thanks
- May 6, 2015 by AliThis Is 30
- April 29, 2015 by Ali11 Things I Loved About Running Around Washington, D.C.
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Thankful Things Thursday: Exciting Opportunities
I’ll be honest, I’m in kind of a crappy mood at the moment. It’ll pass, because it’s all fueled from morning commute issues: I left the apartment late, the first train I got on was packed and had a crazy lady on it who screamed “Jesus! Jesuuuuuus!” all the way from 86th Street to 59th, then I had to wait forever to transfer to the 6 train and then got stuck walking behind a woman who loved blowing her cigarette smoke in my face.
But, the commute is over, I’m seated in my cozy desk chair and I’m ready to get grateful.
Here’s what I’m thankful for today…
I’m thankful I slept through the night! I passed out hard last night and didn’t wake up once to pee. (We’re past the point of over-sharing here, aren’t we?) It felt amazing to only wake up when my alarm went off.
I’m thankful for my new shorts. I wore these Saucony shorts this morning and they’re great. I love that they have a zipper pocket in the back, which is where I put my apartment keys. They’re a bit shorter than I’m used to, but they were still really comfortable and didn’t ride up too bad while I was running.
I’m thankful I took yesterday off from running. It had been too long since I’d taken a running rest day, and it made today’s run so much better! I was excited to wake up and bang out 6.5 miles. My legs felt great and the weather was perfect. I definitely prefer running when it’s overcast as opposed to super sunny. Sure the post-run tan is nice, but overcast weather is much more manageable.
I’m thankful for sweat. Obviously. I was a beast this morning and definitely dripped sweat all over my nice (eh, semi-nice) wood floors. Oops.
Don’t say I didn’t warn you of my sexiness.
I’m thankful for amazing opportunities. Last week I got to announce that I’m one of the finalists running the Hamptons Marathon for JackRabbit’s Run For The Rabbit program. I’m so humbled and honored and excited to be a part of this awesome campaign. It was a rush seeing the commercials on TV and now I get to really get started. The process began when 327 people applied for the program. From there, 60 were brought in for screen tests, then six were chosen as finalists. I am still shocked that I got picked as a finalist.
Today I have my first meeting with Coach Cane and I’m eager to get my training plan and to ask him millions of questions (hope he’s ready for that). From there I’ll not only start training, I’ll start fundraising for the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America.
I’m definitely a little stressed out about the fundraising aspect of the competition (yes, it’s a competition — I’m competing against the other finalists to see who can raise the most money for their chosen charity). I’ve fundraised before, but this is on a much grander scale. And if you’ve been an Ali On The Run reader for more than a day, you know that I’m ultra competitive. I want to win this thing!
I’m thankful that you all know so much. I’ve thrown out a bunch of questions lately — about everything from underwear to compression socks — and your honest, helpful answers have been incredible. I can’t wait to keep using all of you as resources as I start training for the marathon.
I’m thankful for wardrobe staples. Honestly, I sort of hate my outfit today. It was lazy. But I’m still not sick of my white button down shirt that I got at the J.Crew outlet for $7. Score!
I’m thankful that tonight will include a glass (maybe more) of wine. This week has kicked my butt and I am ready for a drink (more likely three drinks).
I’m thankful for good friends. That one was easy.
YOUR TURN: Tell me what you’re thankful for today!
Posted in Crohn's disease, Hamptons Marathon Training, NYC, Outfits, Run For The Rabbit, Running, Thankful Things Thursday and tagged Crohns & Colitis Foundation, Fundraising, Hamptons Marathon, J.Crew, JackRabbit Sports, Jon Cane, Madewell, Run For The Rabbit, Running, Saucony, Thankful Things Thursday-