Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- Long running = #podcast listening! If you want company on your run today, I will run "with you!" https://t.co/jNnDqbmcKj about 4 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Go through life with conviction, passion, integrity, and chocolate. about 19 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Just a reminder to do what YOU want to do & not worry about the noise or what everyone else is doing. about 19 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 23, 2017 by AliThursday Thoughts
- March 23, 2017 by AliEpisode 13: Chris Mosier, Transgender Athlete & Advocate
- March 21, 2017 by AliEpisode 12: Thoughts We Had During Our First Half Marathons
- March 16, 2017 by AliHow I Finally Got Over My Body Issues
- March 16, 2017 by AliEpisode 11: Candice Huffine, Model, Runner, and Founder of Project Start
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
I didn’t sleep very well last night. Now, I pride myself on my stellar hydration skills. I drink a lot of water during the day, I hydrate when I’m at the gym and I basically just love water. I can’t get enough.
That doesn’t fare well for me when I have to wake up every hour during the night to pee.
Note to self: ease up on the water drinking as bedtime nears.
Talking about peeing is an over-share? Oh I’ll over-share.
Let’s chat about the title of this post, shall we?
This morning I laced up my brand spankin’ new Adrenaline kicks for a 4-miler.
The shoes felt amazing. I’m looking forward to doing a longer run in them this weekend to make sure I really love them, but so far so good.
So I put on my sneakers. But do you know what I didn’t put on?
Anything under my running shorts.
Runners talk about this all the time — underwear or no underwear? I have always been an underwear girl. Always. No matter what I’m wearing.
But lately I’ve been doing a lot of laundry. And the shorts I wore today have underwear built into them. So I figured I’d give it a shot. Why double up?
I kind of loved it. To be honest, I didn’t even notice much of a difference. I did feel kind of scandalous though…
Underwear aside, this morning’s run was kind of insane and creepy.
There was so much fog!
You couldn’t even see the river. It was surreal.
There were a ton of other runners out, which I loved.
By the time I got back home, stretched, showered and got ready for work, the day had turned so much nicer.
A nice day — it’s supposed to hit 80 degrees today! — deserves a nice outfit.
The skirt may be just a bit short, but 80 degrees = I don’t care.
It’s going to be another busy one at the office today. Time to go to town on my To Do list.
Have a great day!
OBVIOUSLY YOU KNOW WHAT I’M GOING TO ASK: Care to over-share with me? Are you an underwear-wearer when you run or work out? Why or why not?