Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- There were truly days I wasn’t convinced I’d make it to one. There were days — months — spent convincing myself I h… https://t.co/56CpafvU0f about 11 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 8:09 AM, exactly one year ago. We did it, baby girl. Happy Birthday! @ Hackensack University Medical Center https://t.co/8eEcFeUNFF about 22 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
I didn’t sleep very well last night. Now, I pride myself on my stellar hydration skills. I drink a lot of water during the day, I hydrate when I’m at the gym and I basically just love water. I can’t get enough.
That doesn’t fare well for me when I have to wake up every hour during the night to pee.
Note to self: ease up on the water drinking as bedtime nears.
Talking about peeing is an over-share? Oh I’ll over-share.
Let’s chat about the title of this post, shall we?
This morning I laced up my brand spankin’ new Adrenaline kicks for a 4-miler.
The shoes felt amazing. I’m looking forward to doing a longer run in them this weekend to make sure I really love them, but so far so good.
So I put on my sneakers. But do you know what I didn’t put on?
Anything under my running shorts.
Runners talk about this all the time — underwear or no underwear? I have always been an underwear girl. Always. No matter what I’m wearing.
But lately I’ve been doing a lot of laundry. And the shorts I wore today have underwear built into them. So I figured I’d give it a shot. Why double up?
I kind of loved it. To be honest, I didn’t even notice much of a difference. I did feel kind of scandalous though…
Underwear aside, this morning’s run was kind of insane and creepy.
There was so much fog!
You couldn’t even see the river. It was surreal.
There were a ton of other runners out, which I loved.
By the time I got back home, stretched, showered and got ready for work, the day had turned so much nicer.
A nice day — it’s supposed to hit 80 degrees today! — deserves a nice outfit.
The skirt may be just a bit short, but 80 degrees = I don’t care.
It’s going to be another busy one at the office today. Time to go to town on my To Do list.
Have a great day!
OBVIOUSLY YOU KNOW WHAT I’M GOING TO ASK: Care to over-share with me? Are you an underwear-wearer when you run or work out? Why or why not?