Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Super cool Ali on the Run Show shout-out today in @engadget! (Thanks so much for the kind words and love,… https://t.co/YBdX6DTjq3 about 5 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Annie was born on a sunny Tuesday morning, at exactly 39 weeks. Today, on another sunny Tuesday, she’s exactly 39 w… https://t.co/UhQ1Sk9uHn about 10 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- July 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 157: Motherhood Mondays with Julia Berteletti and Laura Green
- July 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 156: Sarah MacKay Robinson, Elite Runner
- July 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 155: Motherhood Mondays with Dr. Molly Millwood, Clinical Psychologist
- July 2, 2019 by AliLife Lately
- June 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 154: Motherhood Mondays with Hitha Palepu, on Postpartum Depression, Breaking Points, & Parenting Unapologetically
I didn’t sleep very well last night. Now, I pride myself on my stellar hydration skills. I drink a lot of water during the day, I hydrate when I’m at the gym and I basically just love water. I can’t get enough.
That doesn’t fare well for me when I have to wake up every hour during the night to pee.
Note to self: ease up on the water drinking as bedtime nears.
Talking about peeing is an over-share? Oh I’ll over-share.
Let’s chat about the title of this post, shall we?
This morning I laced up my brand spankin’ new Adrenaline kicks for a 4-miler.
The shoes felt amazing. I’m looking forward to doing a longer run in them this weekend to make sure I really love them, but so far so good.
So I put on my sneakers. But do you know what I didn’t put on?
Anything under my running shorts.
Runners talk about this all the time — underwear or no underwear? I have always been an underwear girl. Always. No matter what I’m wearing.
But lately I’ve been doing a lot of laundry. And the shorts I wore today have underwear built into them. So I figured I’d give it a shot. Why double up?
I kind of loved it. To be honest, I didn’t even notice much of a difference. I did feel kind of scandalous though…
Underwear aside, this morning’s run was kind of insane and creepy.
There was so much fog!
You couldn’t even see the river. It was surreal.
There were a ton of other runners out, which I loved.
By the time I got back home, stretched, showered and got ready for work, the day had turned so much nicer.
A nice day — it’s supposed to hit 80 degrees today! — deserves a nice outfit.
The skirt may be just a bit short, but 80 degrees = I don’t care.
It’s going to be another busy one at the office today. Time to go to town on my To Do list.
Have a great day!
OBVIOUSLY YOU KNOW WHAT I’M GOING TO ASK: Care to over-share with me? Are you an underwear-wearer when you run or work out? Why or why not?