Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- "We were under the impression that lighter equals faster, but lighter for me meant injured all the time and not hea… https://t.co/uDHpGAK08j about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “It’s OK that we’re different & it’s OK that we think differently about things. Let’s be OK with being different.”… https://t.co/f4Ax8eBMV7 about 5 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Today on an all NEW & amazing episode of the Ali on the Run Show, my dear friend @hungryrunnergrl! Listen right thi… https://t.co/FpA9R0KFgM about 9 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- December 13, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 50: Janae Baron
- December 6, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 49: Abby Bales, Founder of Reform Physical Therapy
- December 4, 2017 by AliMaking It Count
- November 29, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 48: Sally Bergesen, CEO & Founder of Oiselle
- November 22, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 47: Brian Cristiano's Great Turkey Trot of 2014
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Mac & Cheese Is The Best Dinner
Today was another stressful one. My work To Do list is looking pretty good.
My life To Do list is another story.
Highlights of my post-work day included…
Making time for strength training. I left work with enough time before the class I was taking started that I was able to do some of my favorite weight things. This included bicep curls on an incline bench, tricep dips on a regular bench, ab fun, foam rolling and stretching.
I spun my heart out. Spinning was super hard tonight. All the “regulars” who go to class everyone week were in rough shape by the end. The music was great, the energy level was off the charts and my sweat was extraordinary. I went through two towels. Oh that’s right… I went underwearless this morning (though apparently most of you do that every day…) then sweat through two towels tonight. I try to be as sexy as possible.
I went for a nice walk. In my post-gym haze, I decided walking around midtown while on the phone with my darling grandmother was a better option than getting on the subway to go home and shower (which, by the way, I still haven’t done).
I did dishes. What up, productivity?
I made dinner. And by “made dinner” I mean I chomped on baby carrots and ate a box of Annie’s macaroni and cheese.
I ate the head off a bunny. A chocolate bunny.
I watched “Glee.” I’ll be honest, I think the show is losing steam. It hurts my heart to say that, but it just doesn’t have the same awesomeness it had in the first season.
Then I had to watch “Dancing With the Stars.” I normally love my job. I don’t love the “let’s write about bad TV shows” part of it though. But I managed to multitask by adding some photos to my Run For The Rabbit Facebook page. Woo!
So tomorrow is Wednesday. Another busy day. More meetings. More deadlines. No running.
You read that right. I’m not running tomorrow. No way. Running rest day.
Also, tomorrow at noon I find out if I’m in the ING NYC Marathon.
A few months ago I was running zero marathons. Now I’m definitely running the Hamptons Marathon. And if by some miracle I get into NYC through the lottery (my hopes aren’t very high — just about every runner I know is in the lottery) I’ll be running two marathons in 2011.
On that note, it’s off to bed. I didn’t drink too much water tonight so hopefully I’ll actually sleep through the night!