Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Wow! This is amazing, and @ckreiswirth is amazing. 💕💪🏼 https://t.co/1dwtjP5ZUd about 2 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- https://t.co/jI3MaXItKw 10:50:55 AM August 22, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Such a fun read about the woman who inspired the new movie (which I can't wait to see)! via @runnersworld https://t.co/okB7XKpdvs 10:40:10 AM August 22, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- August 21, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 164: Carrie Kreiswirth, Breast Cancer Survivor & Marathoner
- August 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 163: You Can Run a Marathon with Alexi Pappas
- August 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 162: Allie Ostrander, Professional Runner for Brooks Running
- August 13, 2019 by AliA Tuesday in the Life
- August 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 161: Lauren Fleshman & Jesse Thomas
Mac & Cheese Is The Best Dinner
Today was another stressful one. My work To Do list is looking pretty good.
My life To Do list is another story.
Highlights of my post-work day included…
Making time for strength training. I left work with enough time before the class I was taking started that I was able to do some of my favorite weight things. This included bicep curls on an incline bench, tricep dips on a regular bench, ab fun, foam rolling and stretching.
I spun my heart out. Spinning was super hard tonight. All the “regulars” who go to class everyone week were in rough shape by the end. The music was great, the energy level was off the charts and my sweat was extraordinary. I went through two towels. Oh that’s right… I went underwearless this morning (though apparently most of you do that every day…) then sweat through two towels tonight. I try to be as sexy as possible.
I went for a nice walk. In my post-gym haze, I decided walking around midtown while on the phone with my darling grandmother was a better option than getting on the subway to go home and shower (which, by the way, I still haven’t done).
I did dishes. What up, productivity?
I made dinner. And by “made dinner” I mean I chomped on baby carrots and ate a box of Annie’s macaroni and cheese.
I ate the head off a bunny. A chocolate bunny.
I watched “Glee.” I’ll be honest, I think the show is losing steam. It hurts my heart to say that, but it just doesn’t have the same awesomeness it had in the first season.
Then I had to watch “Dancing With the Stars.” I normally love my job. I don’t love the “let’s write about bad TV shows” part of it though. But I managed to multitask by adding some photos to my Run For The Rabbit Facebook page. Woo!
So tomorrow is Wednesday. Another busy day. More meetings. More deadlines. No running.
You read that right. I’m not running tomorrow. No way. Running rest day.
Also, tomorrow at noon I find out if I’m in the ING NYC Marathon.
A few months ago I was running zero marathons. Now I’m definitely running the Hamptons Marathon. And if by some miracle I get into NYC through the lottery (my hopes aren’t very high — just about every runner I know is in the lottery) I’ll be running two marathons in 2011.
On that note, it’s off to bed. I didn’t drink too much water tonight so hopefully I’ll actually sleep through the night!