Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Changing it up a bit for this week's episode, sharing a behind-the-scenes peek at what goes into making the Ali on… https://t.co/XnEiD3vD0y about 16 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- High School Musical memes are forever my favorite thing on the internet. They never get old and they always make me… https://t.co/TFMmdGBHf8 about 11 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Local friends, come run this with me! A super fun 5K with @lululemon, and Ellie and Annie will be there, and we can… https://t.co/s4UOce8BrX about 17 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
Short Shorts Shopping Spree
Monday = done.
I think I may have forgotten to breathe today. It was one of those crazy busy days where 4 pm comes way too soon and you have a panic attack because there aren’t enough hours in the day.
One thing that kept me smiling all day was all of your great marathon advice. I’m already convincing myself that I’m on the cusp of an injury, which terrifies me. Shin splits? Obviously I have them. A bum knee? I’m developing that, too. Shingles? I’ve had it before, I’ll probably get it again.
Seriously though, my biggest fear as I enter marathon training mode is that I’ll get injured. So I know I have to really pay attention to how everything feels and not overdo it.
Coach Cane knows that, too. He won’t let me go crazy. He’ll reel me in.
I actually have my first sit down meeting with Coach Cane this Thursday. I’m looking forward to seeing what kind of training plan he puts together for me.
Work today was pretty insane, but it was one of those great days where I don’t just start projects, I actually finish them, too. My work To Do list is looking good.
My personal To Do list, not so much.
All in due time…
After work, I went to the gym for a Chisel class. The class flew by, just like the rest of the day, but I didn’t love it. All the moves felt too fast and just when I started feeling the burn, we moved on to the next exercise. I definitely broke a good sweat though!
Then it was shopping spree time!
I went to the JackRabbit store located conveniently near my apartment to pick up some goodies.
I purchased two new pairs of shorts (Saucony), a pair of Feetures socks and new sneakers.
I can’t to start running in new shoes. Walking around the store in the new ones made me realize just how broken down my were. The new ones felt like clouds! (They’re the Brooks Adrenaline 11s — I ran in the 10s before, so we’ll see how they work out.)
I’m technically still on the clock for work right now because I’m Live Tweeting “Dancing with the Stars.” I know you’re jealous… Ugh. (Let’s just say it’s not my favorite dance show.)
SOMETHING I WANT TO KNOW: Are you brand loyal when it comes to your running shoes? Ever since I bought my first pair of Brooks, I’ve been hooked and haven’t strayed. They work, so why change it up? Do you like trying new sneakers or do you stay with what you know?