Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- 1:52:44?! That was SO MUCH FUN! (Well, maybe minus the Manhattan Bridge climb, which absolutely destroyed me. The d… https://t.co/0JlgNSuxvp 10:54:35 AM March 17, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- When I put Annie to bed tonight, I shed an actual tear realizing she’ll wake up tomorrow morning and I won’t be her… https://t.co/ePcsySQFiD 07:31:52 PM March 16, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Every time I do a live show, I worry no one will show up. Every single time. It’s never happened. Not only that, bu… https://t.co/PqUGrFkudQ 04:26:31 PM March 16, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 128: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Nicole Detling, Sports Psychologist
- March 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 127: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Rachel Nazarian, Dermatologist
- March 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 126: Ali & the Experts Week with Shannon McLay, Founder of The Financial Gym
- March 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 125: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Logan Levkoff, Sex & Relationships Educator
- March 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 124: Ali & the Experts Week with Brynn Fessette O'Neill, Physical Therapist
Give Me Your Marathon Advice
I can’t believe I’m already back at the office. This weekend felt like it lasted about two seconds.
In case you unplugged for the weekend, here’s what you missed in Ali On The Run land:
- I announced that I was selected as a finalist in JackRabbit’s Run For The Rabbit competition. I have entered marathon training mode and I’m so excited about it.
- I ran the New York Road Runners 4 mile race in Central Park on Saturday morning. The weather was dreadful, but I came out of the race with a new PR!
- I spent Easter with my friend Lauren’s fabulous family in Westchester. I ate a lot. It was awesome.
I’d say life is good.
In other news, you may have noticed that Ali On The Run has a new home! You no longer need to type out the whole .wordpress.com business.
Now you can simply find me at http://aliontherunblog.com.
So after this weekend got the best of me and I survived the entire thing on pretty much zero sleep, I was in bed around 8:00 last night. I passed out immediately, woke up a few times during the night to use the bathroom, and still snoozed straight through my alarm this morning.
I think my body needed some sleep.
I still woke up with enough time to squeeze in a 3-mile run in perfect conditions. The air was warm (somewhere around 60 degrees I think), the breeze off the river was cool and there was no sun. Those are the conditions I want when it’s finally marathon day!
I am going to have another crazy busy week at the office, so there was no time for fun outfit stylings this morning. Sorry.
When you’re rushing in the morning, a dress and messy bun are the only options. I bought this shirtdress at the Banana Republic outlet a few years ago and it’s still one of my favorite things I own. It’s so easy to just throw on with a belt and it’s super comfortable. It also works year-round. Great purchase.
Time to kick the day into gear. I’m going to be hustling around the office then hopefully making it to the gym for some strength training fun. Tonight I’ll be watching “Dancing With the Stars.” For work. Not because I choose to.
In the meantime, to all the Facebookies out there, might I recommend liking my page?
Have a great Monday, everyone!
NOW LET’S TALK: I’m in marathon training mode now — the Hamptons Marathon will be my first 26.2! I’ll be working with an awesome coach who definitely knows his stuff, but I’d also love to hear from you. I know many of you out there are marathoners and probably have great advice. What’s your best piece of marathon advice, whether it pertains to training, fueling, carbo-loading (nevermind, I’ve got that one down) or race day must-dos?