Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Just a few tickets left for Ali on the Run Show LIVE! with @runmeb, @andreabarber, and @RunWestin! So psyched for t… https://t.co/G5nYi5U7iG about 8 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- https://t.co/8HAaRyNvEX about 9 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: Week 17 of pregnancy! It included some good @orangetheory classes, the @superheroevents Half Marathon, an… https://t.co/df2D2X30Qh about 13 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- May 22, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 17
- May 21, 2018 by AliSuperhero Half Marathon 2018 Recap
- May 16, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 73: Erin Strout, Runner's World Contributing Editor
- May 14, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Weeks 15 & 16
- May 9, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 72: Liz Plosser, Women's Health Editor in Chief
Give Me Your Marathon Advice
I can’t believe I’m already back at the office. This weekend felt like it lasted about two seconds.
In case you unplugged for the weekend, here’s what you missed in Ali On The Run land:
- I announced that I was selected as a finalist in JackRabbit’s Run For The Rabbit competition. I have entered marathon training mode and I’m so excited about it.
- I ran the New York Road Runners 4 mile race in Central Park on Saturday morning. The weather was dreadful, but I came out of the race with a new PR!
- I spent Easter with my friend Lauren’s fabulous family in Westchester. I ate a lot. It was awesome.
I’d say life is good.
In other news, you may have noticed that Ali On The Run has a new home! You no longer need to type out the whole .wordpress.com business.
Now you can simply find me at http://aliontherunblog.com.
So after this weekend got the best of me and I survived the entire thing on pretty much zero sleep, I was in bed around 8:00 last night. I passed out immediately, woke up a few times during the night to use the bathroom, and still snoozed straight through my alarm this morning.
I think my body needed some sleep.
I still woke up with enough time to squeeze in a 3-mile run in perfect conditions. The air was warm (somewhere around 60 degrees I think), the breeze off the river was cool and there was no sun. Those are the conditions I want when it’s finally marathon day!
I am going to have another crazy busy week at the office, so there was no time for fun outfit stylings this morning. Sorry.
When you’re rushing in the morning, a dress and messy bun are the only options. I bought this shirtdress at the Banana Republic outlet a few years ago and it’s still one of my favorite things I own. It’s so easy to just throw on with a belt and it’s super comfortable. It also works year-round. Great purchase.
Time to kick the day into gear. I’m going to be hustling around the office then hopefully making it to the gym for some strength training fun. Tonight I’ll be watching “Dancing With the Stars.” For work. Not because I choose to.
In the meantime, to all the Facebookies out there, might I recommend liking my page?
Have a great Monday, everyone!
NOW LET’S TALK: I’m in marathon training mode now — the Hamptons Marathon will be my first 26.2! I’ll be working with an awesome coach who definitely knows his stuff, but I’d also love to hear from you. I know many of you out there are marathoners and probably have great advice. What’s your best piece of marathon advice, whether it pertains to training, fueling, carbo-loading (nevermind, I’ve got that one down) or race day must-dos?