- "Time is like water. It flows under the bridge and it never comes back. So you have to take advantage of every day." —My cab driver <3 <3 <3 about 15 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Look! http://t.co/fslcBORsDk about 27 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- In a cab, in traffic, with six warm @levainbakery cookies. This is not going to end well...for my guests who won't get cookies. (BUT YAY ME) about 39 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Look who I got to run with this morning!!! (One of us loved it and loves running and had the best time… http://t.co/P90Gg6ikwr 09:38:53 AM November 25, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- November 21, 2014 by AliDon't You Forget About Me
- November 5, 2014 by Ali“This Isn’t Steamtown”: My New York City Marathon 2014 Recap
- October 21, 2014 by Ali10 Reasons The Runner's World Half Marathon & Festival Was Wonderful (Plus A Giveaway!)
- October 15, 2014 by AliSteamtown Marathon Recap
- October 11, 2014 by AliOne More Day I Get To Run
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
I’ve never been a big Easter person. Growing up, my family wasn’t very religious, so we did the whole Easter basket thing and the big dinner thing, but we didn’t go to church or do much beyond the Hallmarky stuff.
We did eat a lot of Cadbury Mini Eggs though.
Going home to New Hampshire wasn’t an option this weekend, but that doesn’t mean I spent Easter alone. Lauren, one of my best friends from college, invited me to spend the day with her family in Westchester.
Despite getting no sleep last night (seriously…no sleep), Lauren, her boyfriend and I were off to Bronxville around noon.
The day was filled with awesome home-cooked food, great company and pretty dogs.
It’s so nice having Lauren’s family nearby, especially since mine is so far away and I don’t see them often. Lauren’s mom treats me like family — I have to help with dishes just like everyone else! — and she’s been so sweet through all the drama of the past few months.
After the massive meal, we were ridiculously full and happy to head back to the city.
I went for a relaxing 3-mile run along the East River when we got back. I couldn’t resist the beautiful 60+ degree temperature outside. It felt fantastic to run in shorts and a tank top. No more bulky layers (for now at least).
I can’t believe the weekend is over. It went by way too fast and I’m definitely not ready to go back to work tomorrow.
I am pretty excited to be asleep within the next two hours though…
Lastly, I’ve made a few goals/plans for the week ahead. Hopefully I can stick with them:
- Pack my lunch every day. My apartment has a decent amount of groceries in it. There’s no need to spend money going out to lunch.
- Take at least one day off from running. I don’t even want to say when the last time I took a running rest day was. Now that I’m officially marathon training, I know I need to ease up on the amount of running I’m doing just a bit.
- Make another running date with a friend. NYCers, let me know if you’re interested!
- Get new running shoes. I desperately need some new sneakers. Mine are in rough shape.
- Be more mindful of what I eat. I’ve gone a little crazy lately with celebratory drinks, sweets and crap. I will not rule those things out entirely. No way. But I have found myself eating junk food at the office that makes me feel worse, not satisfied (like chocolate Crunch bars, which I don’t even like). I just want to pay better attention to what I’m eating so that the 3 pm “my eyes are closing and I’m going to fall asleep at my desk” lull gets better, not worse.
NOW IT’S YOUR TURN: Any goals for the upcoming week? Large or small, I want to know!