Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- One of the best things about having a podcast is convincing my [interesting, inspiring, very… https://t.co/JFWT9o744n about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- On today's episode of the Ali on the Run Show: @HealthontheRun! Talking motherhood, running, blogging & much more! https://t.co/0KhRgraJd1 about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This just in: a NEW Ali on the Run Show episode! 23. Lauren Conkey: 3:18 Marathoner, Mother & Public Health Advocate https://t.co/HgmqiKC7rw about 2 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- April 27, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 23: Lauren Conkey, 3:18 Marathoner, Mother & Public Health Advocate
- April 25, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 22: How I Finally Got Over My Body Issues
- April 24, 2017 by AliStevens Cooperative School 5K Recap
- April 19, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 21: Brynn Fessette O'Neill, Physical Therapist at Finish Line Physical Therapy
- April 18, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 20: Stop Waiting
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
I’ve never been a big Easter person. Growing up, my family wasn’t very religious, so we did the whole Easter basket thing and the big dinner thing, but we didn’t go to church or do much beyond the Hallmarky stuff.
We did eat a lot of Cadbury Mini Eggs though.
Going home to New Hampshire wasn’t an option this weekend, but that doesn’t mean I spent Easter alone. Lauren, one of my best friends from college, invited me to spend the day with her family in Westchester.
Despite getting no sleep last night (seriously…no sleep), Lauren, her boyfriend and I were off to Bronxville around noon.
The day was filled with awesome home-cooked food, great company and pretty dogs.
It’s so nice having Lauren’s family nearby, especially since mine is so far away and I don’t see them often. Lauren’s mom treats me like family — I have to help with dishes just like everyone else! — and she’s been so sweet through all the drama of the past few months.
After the massive meal, we were ridiculously full and happy to head back to the city.
I went for a relaxing 3-mile run along the East River when we got back. I couldn’t resist the beautiful 60+ degree temperature outside. It felt fantastic to run in shorts and a tank top. No more bulky layers (for now at least).
I can’t believe the weekend is over. It went by way too fast and I’m definitely not ready to go back to work tomorrow.
I am pretty excited to be asleep within the next two hours though…
Lastly, I’ve made a few goals/plans for the week ahead. Hopefully I can stick with them:
- Pack my lunch every day. My apartment has a decent amount of groceries in it. There’s no need to spend money going out to lunch.
- Take at least one day off from running. I don’t even want to say when the last time I took a running rest day was. Now that I’m officially marathon training, I know I need to ease up on the amount of running I’m doing just a bit.
- Make another running date with a friend. NYCers, let me know if you’re interested!
- Get new running shoes. I desperately need some new sneakers. Mine are in rough shape.
- Be more mindful of what I eat. I’ve gone a little crazy lately with celebratory drinks, sweets and crap. I will not rule those things out entirely. No way. But I have found myself eating junk food at the office that makes me feel worse, not satisfied (like chocolate Crunch bars, which I don’t even like). I just want to pay better attention to what I’m eating so that the 3 pm “my eyes are closing and I’m going to fall asleep at my desk” lull gets better, not worse.
NOW IT’S YOUR TURN: Any goals for the upcoming week? Large or small, I want to know!