Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- It’s my first time being away from Annie, and I’m totally fine! No, really. I am actually totally fine! I miss her… https://t.co/M7OAKfdEUk 07:33:16 PM January 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This is exactly what I needed to watch this morning. (And every morning.) @BillyYang https://t.co/UOUYs5AV1w 09:13:16 AM January 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My vision: me, standing all cute in front of the NYC skyline, holding big, shiny, hot pink balloons spelling out “2… https://t.co/OvFMUZlzJ5 06:16:58 PM January 23, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 200: Starla Garcia, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
Thankful For Yoga
Last week, when Thankful Things Thursday rolled around, I wondered if people were eventually going to get tired of the “holiday.” But today’s comments blew me away! Seems as though being thankful just once a week is a hit, and I love you all for participating.
My day was further brightened when I sucked it up and went to yoga.
I kind of wasn’t in the mood to get all zenned out. My To Do list is growing by the minute, but I also knew that my limbs desperately needed a good stretch (and we all know I’m not going to do any stretching on my own time).
So off to the gym I went.
Today’s class felt fast. One second I was in downward dog, the next I was side angling, then I was chaturanga-ing until my triceps burned. I’m always surprised when I’m able to focus during yoga. My mind rarely wanders and I focus hard on all of the poses.
Maybe because I kind of suck at them.
Tonight I was definitely that girl in the room throwing everyone off during Warrior III because I was as awkward as Kate Gosselin on “Dancing With the Stars.”
I promise never to reference Kate Gosselin on the blog again. I’m sorry. It just happened.
I do not look like that when I’m in the pose.
To summarize: Yoga tonight was awesome. I even felt calm for at least two minutes afterward before the stresses of life kicked back in.
I’ve managed to make tonight productive. I went to the bank to cash some checks, I cooked dinner, I did dishes, I went to Bed Bath & Beyond (for more skirt hangers — I have too many skirts!) and I watered my little plant.
Tomorrow = big day. It’s the first day of JackRabbit’s New York City Running Show.
They’ll be announcing the six finalists in the Run For The Rabbit competition at noon. Duh, I’ll be there — let me know if you will, too!
No, I’m not nervous. I already did my part. Now it’s a waiting game. Regardless of the outcome, I can’t wait to learn all about the six finalists and the causes they’ll be raising money for. It’s an awesome opportunity!
Alright, time for a shower, some toenail painting and a lot of sleeping. This week has kicked my butt.
FINAL THOUGHTS OF THE DAY: Who’s racing this weekend?! I’m running the New York Road Runners 4-mile race on Saturday. Rain is in the forecast, but it’s a short race so it should be fun regardless. Tell me if you have exciting weekend plans on the horizon!