Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Wow! This is amazing, and @ckreiswirth is amazing. 💕💪🏼 https://t.co/1dwtjP5ZUd about 2 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- https://t.co/jI3MaXItKw 10:50:55 AM August 22, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Such a fun read about the woman who inspired the new movie (which I can't wait to see)! via @runnersworld https://t.co/okB7XKpdvs 10:40:10 AM August 22, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- August 21, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 164: Carrie Kreiswirth, Breast Cancer Survivor & Marathoner
- August 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 163: You Can Run a Marathon with Alexi Pappas
- August 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 162: Allie Ostrander, Professional Runner for Brooks Running
- August 13, 2019 by AliA Tuesday in the Life
- August 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 161: Lauren Fleshman & Jesse Thomas
Last night I wrote about how I’ve been stressed to the max.
One thing that definitely helps ease stress — whether it’s over something life-changing or tiny and tedious — is sticking with a regular routine.
This morning I woke up at my usual time (5:30).
I did my usual ab routine (200 varied crunches).
I watched the news, brushed my teeth and made my bed…as usual.
Then I ran. Which I usually do.
There’s rain in today’s forecast, but it held out for me this morning. Yay!
I ran three miles at a comfortable pace. I would have liked to run more, but I have a hot running date for tomorrow morning and didn’t want to push it too much today. Friday is definitely looking like a running rest day!
That photo above? It was a ship carrying…dirt? I stopped mid-run and stared at it for a while because I was so fascinated. Dirt…floating on a ship in the East River.
NYC is awesome.
After my run I did some foam rolling. It’s such a good hurt and I’m proud of myself for foam rolling almost daily. It’s definitely helped my knees from feeling so achy all the time.
The next step in my usual routine?
Attempting to find something to wear.
Lately I hate everything in my closet. That doesn’t make this usual routine very much fun.
I put together something that should work for today’s 70 degree afternoon. The skirt is springy and floral, but I’m undecided on what to do with the rest of the outfit.
I think I like no belt for once.
I also think I like side ponytails.
Today I’m out of the office again. I haven’t spent a full day there since last Thursday and I think that’s part of what’s throwing my routine off. I’m looking forward to returning to somewhat normalcy tomorrow.
But my point — in case I didn’t make that clear — is that by having certain things stay the same during the day-to-day, you can ease the stresses in other aspects of life. By doing everything the way I always do it this morning, I’m going into the day with a sense of control.
Lastly, I did some downloading yesterday. Here are the only four songs I’m listening to at the moment (that I will obviously be sick of within a week):
- “Give Me Everything” by Pitbull feat. Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- “Judas” by Lady Gaga
- “Party Rock Anthem” by LMFAO
- “Someone Like You” by Adele (It makes me cry. Every. Single. Time.)
TELL ME: Do you have a strict morning routine? Or are you OK with mixing it up?