Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- My vision: me, standing all cute in front of the NYC skyline, holding big, shiny, hot pink balloons spelling out “2… https://t.co/OvFMUZlzJ5 about 6 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- EPISODE 200! Thrilled to welcome brand new Olympic Trials Qualifier @Starla_shines to the Ali on the Run Show, tal… https://t.co/ahiqm0JPBH about 17 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 200: Starla Garcia, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
More Hours, Please
I need more hours in the day. Anyone else?
Before we get down to business, let me send a huge congratulations to all of yesterday’s inspiring Boston Marathon finishers! I was out of the office all day so I couldn’t watch the coverage live, but I was checking Twitter obsessively on my phone.
The girls I work with don’t get it.
Most of them have Engagement Fever, and a few are developing Baby Fever.
None of them have Marathon Fever.
But I do.
So yeah. I’d like to run 26.2 miles this year.
All at one time.
As I mentioned yesterday, this week is going to be a very busy one because of a work project. Today I’ll be out all day at a photo shoot, which will be fun but exhausting.
Last night I made time for a Chisel workout in between commitments. If you don’t prioritize and schedule your workouts, they’re not going to happen! It felt good to get a 45-minute strength training session in before going on with my night.
This morning I was up earlier than normal — 5:15 am, ouch! — to get a run in.
There is something on my eye in that photo. I don’t know what it is.
I was happy to see that, despite the weather report, it wasn’t raining this morning. I covered 5.5 miles and felt great. The temperature was perfect.
My legs were definitely tight by the time I got back to my apartment, so I did some stretching and will definitely be doing a lot of foam rolling tonight — no matter what time I get home!
On the wardrobe front, I’m running out of clothes I actually enjoy wearing. Today I like my top but I don’t think it works with the baggy jeans. I’d wear more fitted jeans, but they need to be washed.
I did wash my hair today though!
So silky and smooth. (Name that movie…)
Alright, I’m about to be nice and late for work, so let’s get to talking…
TELL ME: I still have marathon fever, and I loved reading all of your marathon stories. But now I want to know what your non-running fitness goals are. If you’re not dying to run a 5K, a half marathon, a full marathon or an IronLadyBadAssThing, what do you want to do? Swim? Bike? Try a new fitness class? I’m big on goal setting, so share yours and then we’ll accomplish all of them together!