Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- A beautiful piece about @ShalaneFlanagan's retirement, by @erinstrout for @WomensRunning! https://t.co/MroKJYnzsf 09:48:56 AM October 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It’s hard not to play the comparison game sometimes when it comes to running and social media. Every weekend morni… https://t.co/aM5H9M1OmL 07:34:45 PM October 20, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Everything’s better in the off-season. 😎 @ Asbury Park Boardwalk https://t.co/lQSHJQD2c2 02:45:55 PM October 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- NYC runners, I am so sad I can't go to this, but YOU SHOULD! A great lineup sharing @nycmarathon tips, advice, and… https://t.co/uFMAjhepeC 07:34:49 AM October 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
More Hours, Please
I need more hours in the day. Anyone else?
Before we get down to business, let me send a huge congratulations to all of yesterday’s inspiring Boston Marathon finishers! I was out of the office all day so I couldn’t watch the coverage live, but I was checking Twitter obsessively on my phone.
The girls I work with don’t get it.
Most of them have Engagement Fever, and a few are developing Baby Fever.
None of them have Marathon Fever.
But I do.
So yeah. I’d like to run 26.2 miles this year.
All at one time.
As I mentioned yesterday, this week is going to be a very busy one because of a work project. Today I’ll be out all day at a photo shoot, which will be fun but exhausting.
Last night I made time for a Chisel workout in between commitments. If you don’t prioritize and schedule your workouts, they’re not going to happen! It felt good to get a 45-minute strength training session in before going on with my night.
This morning I was up earlier than normal — 5:15 am, ouch! — to get a run in.
There is something on my eye in that photo. I don’t know what it is.
I was happy to see that, despite the weather report, it wasn’t raining this morning. I covered 5.5 miles and felt great. The temperature was perfect.
My legs were definitely tight by the time I got back to my apartment, so I did some stretching and will definitely be doing a lot of foam rolling tonight — no matter what time I get home!
On the wardrobe front, I’m running out of clothes I actually enjoy wearing. Today I like my top but I don’t think it works with the baggy jeans. I’d wear more fitted jeans, but they need to be washed.
I did wash my hair today though!
So silky and smooth. (Name that movie…)
Alright, I’m about to be nice and late for work, so let’s get to talking…
TELL ME: I still have marathon fever, and I loved reading all of your marathon stories. But now I want to know what your non-running fitness goals are. If you’re not dying to run a 5K, a half marathon, a full marathon or an IronLadyBadAssThing, what do you want to do? Swim? Bike? Try a new fitness class? I’m big on goal setting, so share yours and then we’ll accomplish all of them together!