Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- High School Musical memes are forever my favorite thing on the internet. They never get old and they always make me… https://t.co/TFMmdGBHf8 about 11 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Local friends, come run this with me! A super fun 5K with @lululemon, and Ellie and Annie will be there, and we can… https://t.co/s4UOce8BrX about 17 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
Today is the Boston Marathon. You know that by now, right?
Well, I’m obsessed. I wish I could be in Boston today cheering on all of the amazing, inspiring runners.
I never thought twice about the Boston Marathon until this year. Up until a few months ago, I had no desire to even run a marathon, let alone watch one or devote time to thinking about one.
But this year is different.
This year I really want to run my first marathon. I’ve done four half marathons. I’m ready to tackle 26.2 miles.
I don’t think I’ll ever qualify for Boston, but I’m in the lottery for this year’s New York City Marathon and even if I don’t get in this year, I’ll definitely be running it in 2012.
I want to be a marathoner.
That being said, last night I had a dream that I was going to watch the Boston Marathon. Sadly that’s not the case and I’ll be spending the day running around NYC doing work things. It’s a super busy week at the office — so busy, in fact, that I’m wearing flats today. Unheard of, I know. (We’ll get to the outfit a little later.)
OK so, in case you’re catching up from the weekend, you missed out on my apartment tour! Check it out here. The place is really coming together nicely! I’m in love with my bar stools.
Despite not sleeping well at all last night, I was up with the sun this morning. I figured, if thousands of people can run a marathon today, I can do four miles.
Obviously once I was out there I was a happy girl.
It was a perfect morning for running outside.
I even did some speedwork this morning! Nothing fancy or formal, but every now and then I’d sprint for the length of the chorus of a song. It was fun! I’m excited to quickly learn that speedwork is challenging and cool, not boring and dreadful.
It also makes you extra sweaty.
As I mentioned, this week is one of our busiest ones at the office. I’ll be out of the office most days, which is fun, but also stressful, because it means I come home at night to a million missed emails.
Flats are the name of the game this week.
I also have some fun after-work plans happening this week, and it all leads up to the NYC Running Show on Friday, when JackRabbit will finally announce the six finalists in the Run For The Rabbit campaign! Exciting! They’re choosing six people from the 60 who did screen tests, so the odds are tough, but I’m excited to find out either way.
Alright, week, let’s do this.
One final GOOD LUCK to all of today’s incredible marathoners. You rock my world.
TELL ME: What’s your take on marathons? Have you done one? What made you want to do it? Or what makes you not want to do one? I love marathon stories, so tell me yours!