Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- HEY BOSTON! What do you get when you put four running podcasters in a room together and give them all microphones?… https://t.co/eQVY0ytuCu about 17 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Couldn't make it to the live show this weekend? Listen to it here! https://t.co/dVZ5bSenCD 07:44:37 AM March 20, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Baby’s first wink! Today was a day. And instead of dwelling on the stressful, the negative, the downright frustrat… https://t.co/QuTl5JB3Wz 09:55:33 PM March 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: My (very long) #UnitedNYCHalf Recap! First postpartum race: check! @nyrr @nyrrnews https://t.co/uvHeXsIhgc 01:38:56 PM March 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 129: LIVE at the United Airlines NYC Half
- March 19, 2019 by AliUnited Airlines NYC Half 2019 Recap
- March 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 128: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Nicole Detling, Sports Psychologist
- March 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 127: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Rachel Nazarian, Dermatologist
- March 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 126: Ali & the Experts Week with Shannon McLay, Founder of The Financial Gym
Today is the Boston Marathon. You know that by now, right?
Well, I’m obsessed. I wish I could be in Boston today cheering on all of the amazing, inspiring runners.
I never thought twice about the Boston Marathon until this year. Up until a few months ago, I had no desire to even run a marathon, let alone watch one or devote time to thinking about one.
But this year is different.
This year I really want to run my first marathon. I’ve done four half marathons. I’m ready to tackle 26.2 miles.
I don’t think I’ll ever qualify for Boston, but I’m in the lottery for this year’s New York City Marathon and even if I don’t get in this year, I’ll definitely be running it in 2012.
I want to be a marathoner.
That being said, last night I had a dream that I was going to watch the Boston Marathon. Sadly that’s not the case and I’ll be spending the day running around NYC doing work things. It’s a super busy week at the office — so busy, in fact, that I’m wearing flats today. Unheard of, I know. (We’ll get to the outfit a little later.)
OK so, in case you’re catching up from the weekend, you missed out on my apartment tour! Check it out here. The place is really coming together nicely! I’m in love with my bar stools.
Despite not sleeping well at all last night, I was up with the sun this morning. I figured, if thousands of people can run a marathon today, I can do four miles.
Obviously once I was out there I was a happy girl.
It was a perfect morning for running outside.
I even did some speedwork this morning! Nothing fancy or formal, but every now and then I’d sprint for the length of the chorus of a song. It was fun! I’m excited to quickly learn that speedwork is challenging and cool, not boring and dreadful.
It also makes you extra sweaty.
As I mentioned, this week is one of our busiest ones at the office. I’ll be out of the office most days, which is fun, but also stressful, because it means I come home at night to a million missed emails.
Flats are the name of the game this week.
I also have some fun after-work plans happening this week, and it all leads up to the NYC Running Show on Friday, when JackRabbit will finally announce the six finalists in the Run For The Rabbit campaign! Exciting! They’re choosing six people from the 60 who did screen tests, so the odds are tough, but I’m excited to find out either way.
Alright, week, let’s do this.
One final GOOD LUCK to all of today’s incredible marathoners. You rock my world.
TELL ME: What’s your take on marathons? Have you done one? What made you want to do it? Or what makes you not want to do one? I love marathon stories, so tell me yours!