Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- August 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 269: Ali & the Experts with Laura Parrott, Career Coach
- August 5, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 268: Jenny Simpson
- July 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 267: Catching Up with Emily Halnon
- July 26, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 266: On the Record with Mario Fraioli, Host of The Morning Shakeout
- July 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 265: Catching Up with Chris Heuisler
I Can Breathe Clearly Now
I woke up this morning and could breathe through my left nostril.
Progress, people. Progress.
Seriously though, I’m feeling much better, finally. After days of pumping my body with Dayquil, Claritin and Tylenol PM, in addition to spraying Afrin up my nose as often as allowed (honestly, sometimes I can’t handle how sexy I am), I truly believe I’m cruising down the road to recovery now.
And you know what?
I don’t think the drugs helped.
And I think the Afrin only helped temporarily.
Maybe taking the day off from work yesterday helped a little bit.
But last night I went out. I drank wine. I drank…a decent amount of wine.
And I woke up today feeling better.
You do the math.
I’m no doctor, but I’ll say it: Booze cures.
Since I’m feeling pretty good, I’m up early to hit up the gym for some spinning before my parents arrive later today. My favorite instructor teaches a class downtown on Saturday mornings, so I’m making the trek — and hopefully getting there early enough to sign up for a good bike.
In other news, the Scotland 10K photos finally arrived. I won’t be purchasing any, but I kind of don’t hate them. I despised the race, but according to the photos I really love Scotland.
Alright, time to kick start this weekend. Have a great one!