Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- August 21, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 164: Carrie Kreiswirth, Breast Cancer Survivor & Marathoner
- August 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 163: You Can Run a Marathon with Alexi Pappas
- August 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 162: Allie Ostrander, Professional Runner for Brooks Running
- August 13, 2019 by AliA Tuesday in the Life
- August 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 161: Lauren Fleshman & Jesse Thomas
Maybe I Just Needed Sleep
Last night I took two Tylenol PM tablets and spritzed my nose with a whole lotta Afrin nasal spray.
Then I gave myself the morning off from working out.
I swear, I woke up a new person today.
Now I’m not going to jump to conclusions and say I’m cured, but I do feel so much better today. Even if it’s only temporary, I’m happy to have slept for eight blissful hours (pretty much unheard of in my life these days) and to be able to breathe again.
Of course, today isn’t all sunshine and rainbows.
In fact, there’s no sunshine at all.
But maybe there will be a rainbow later.
A colorless day calls for a cheery-colored shirt, don’t you think?
This short-sleeved sweater was my obsession for a long time. It’s BCBG but I snagged it on major sale at Filene’s Basement a few years ago. It’s all pilly now because I used to wear it so often, but I still love it.
Here’s what’s coming up today:
- Work, work, work
- Leftover fish for lunch (yum!)
- A Whole Foods trip at some point
- Afternoon meetings
- My favorite spinning class after work (!!!)
- Attempting to find something to make for dinner that doesn’t involve a microwave. Suggestions?
SOME THINGS TO TALK ABOUT: Today I have two questions…
- As much as I love my job, there are days like today — when it’s raining and disgusting out — that I just want to give in to my lazy side (which I don’t do often enough) and stay in bed watching movies all day. What’s your go-to rainy day activity? Do you stay in and bake cookies? Cuddle up with a loved one (dogs count)? Or are you ambitious and get out in the rain?
- I’m still working on making my apartment less like a dorm and more like a big girl home. What’s your favorite thing in your house or apartment? A piece of furniture? A decoration? A dog?