Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- May 27, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 242: Shalane Flanagan
- May 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 241: On the Job with JoMarie Flores, Funeral Director
- May 21, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 240: Lee Glandorf, Tracksmith Head of Communications
- May 20, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 239: Dinée Dorame, Citizen of the Navajo Nation
- May 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 238: Sasha Wolff, Founder of Still I Run
3 Daily Things
Alright, so maybe I spoke too soon.
Maybe I’m not “cured” after all.
Within an hour of this morning’s post going up, my nose stuffed up again and I was back to my old hacking ways.
But hey, today was still a good day!
- Work was productive. Score.
- My leftover fish was an awesome lunch. Score again.
- My Whole Foods trip was successful. I stocked up on trail mix supplies and snagged some spinach feta orzo salad to accompany my fish. It’s my new obsession and it’s delicious.
- My afternoon meeting got canceled. Fine by me! Except that it didn’t really get canceled — just rescheduled for tomorrow afternoon.
- I strength trained. I love Wednesdays because I can usually get to the gym early enough to squeeze in some extra stuff before spinning starts. Today I did 100 tricep dips on a bench, used the abductor and adductor machines, did some ab work, foam rolled and did a whole lot of plank holding.
- My favorite spinning class was a bit of a letdown because there was a sub in for the regular teacher. Bummer! But she was still great and I swear she must have shouted “Quarter turn up!” at least 40 times. We were constantly climbing and I was constantly sweating. It was a stellar workout.
- My new commute home from the gym is fast. It’s about 15 minutes faster than my previous commute. I love it.
And that brings us to “dinner.” Yeah it’s in quotes because it was so sad tonight. I don’t have much food in the apartment and don’t have a microwave yet, so leftovers are out of the question.
I ate grapes, baby carrots and some cold pasta.
Which I chased with a half dozen or so Double Stuffed Oreos (dipped in milk of course).
Cold pasta = sad dinner.
There are three really easy things I do every single day to make sure I’m in a good mood:
- Sit ups. Even on rest days, the first thing I do in the morning is lay down and bang out 200 crunches. I love starting my day with an engaged core.
- Floss. You’re welcome, gums. You’re welcome, dentist. I love brushing my teeth and I love flossing. I used to lie to my dentist when he would ask if I floss daily. Now I don’t have to lie.
- Drink a ton of water. Not just “a glass with every meal.” I’m constantly drinking water. Of course that also means I’m constantly peeing. But I love water. It’s pretty much the only thing I drink. Oh, and milk with my Oreos. And wine.
YOUR TURN: What do you do every day to ensure your day is wonderful?