Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- May 27, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 242: Shalane Flanagan
- May 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 241: On the Job with JoMarie Flores, Funeral Director
- May 21, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 240: Lee Glandorf, Tracksmith Head of Communications
- May 20, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 239: Dinée Dorame, Citizen of the Navajo Nation
- May 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 238: Sasha Wolff, Founder of Still I Run
Operation Self Host
I write this post as a plea for help:
Today I purchased the domain aliontherunblog.com.
I’d like for that to be the new home of Ali On The Run. (Yes, sadly, aliontherun.com was taken.)
I thought I could just upgrade through WordPress and my blog would move itself and blog life would be happy and beautiful.
Soooo I was wrong about that.
I love being supported by WordPress because it’s never crashed on me or failed me, but I think I’m ready to make the leap to a self-hosted blog.
I can throw down the lingo but I don’t even really know what that means.
Fellow bloggers and techies, I come to you in search of help. I’d love for you to leave any input you have in the comments. Are you self-hosted? Why or why not? Which host do you use? Do you like it? Love it? Despise it?
Of course I’d also like to give lil’ Ali On The Run a facelift as well, so if you’ve got a favorite designer, feel free to throw some names out there as well.
Also, cost is a factor. I’d like to find someone who will do all of this work and do an awesome job and then I can pay him/her with a hug and some trail mix. (Not really, but I don’t want to throw down a ton of money on this.)
Any advice you can offer would be amazing!