Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Today was one of my all-time favorite days as a mom. @brian_cristiano surprised Annie and me with front-row tickets… https://t.co/Mxg9GHLE5a 06:56:01 PM January 19, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- WOW! 🔥🔥🔥 https://t.co/hsdwn31r95 10:12:49 AM January 19, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I’m at a loss for words because I’ve had like six glasses of champagne, but mostly, today is the best. This week ha… https://t.co/dh5NdfccI6 02:25:44 PM January 18, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: The best parts of my week. There were so many! https://t.co/J72EjfuQDn 11:41:22 AM January 17, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
- January 8, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 198: Rachel Gersten, Co-Founder of Viva Wellness
Coming Together, Falling Apart
My apartment is coming together really nicely!
Though simultaneously my body is falling apart.
I battled a sinus infection a few weeks ago, then got better just in time to run the National Half Marathon. Now I’m sick again, this time with a nasty nagging cough and overall head congestion.
I’ve tried taking Mucinex (gosh, so sexy) and Extra Strength Tylenol (which, in my opinion, cures everything), but neither seem to be doing much good. I’m thinking maybe it’s just seasonal allergies getting the best of me.
Yesterday after work I went to the New York Road Runners offices — conveniently located so close to my new apartment — to pick up all my goodies for tomorrow’s Scotland 10K race.
I’m not sure how much use I’ll get out of the beanie, but I love the T-shirt and the tote bag. Well done, Scotland!
I’m excited about the race because I’ve grown to love racing in general, but I obviously wish I was healthier for the occasion. My plan is to just enjoy the race and not shoot for a goal time. Since I’ve never done an official 10K, I’m going to PR no matter what! It’ll be fun to just relax and not kill myself trying to maintain an outrageous pace.
Today has been beautiful in NYC. I spent my morning in Central Park then enjoyed a sunny 3-ish mile run along the East River. I was way too hot in shorts and a long-sleeved shirt!
Now I’m relaxing and laying low — and planning to be in bed by 10 pm tonight!
I’ve had my windows open all afternoon, which may not be ideal if I am, in fact, dealing with seasonal allergies, but I couldn’t resist.
I’m happy that my apartment is really coming together and I can’t wait to have my parents here next week to help make it into more of a home. I still feel like it’s a bit like a college dorm.
Here’s how things are looking:
Last night I spent some time hanging clothes in my closet…
…and yet I still have piles of
crap lovely clothes everywhere!
Tonight I plan on staying in, laying low, drinking a ton of water and carbo-loading for the big race tomorrow.
I will carbo-load for any occasion. A half marathon? Sure. A 5K? You bet. A walk to the grocery store? Yes, that also deserves carbs. Don’t ever get between me and a bread basket or a bowl of pasta.
LET ME KNOW: Who else is running the Scotland 10K tomorrow? I’m hoping to see lots of familiar faces out on the course!