Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Did you register for the @bostonmarathon live show yet? The baller team at @GenUcan added more seats so we can acco… https://t.co/J42V69kt2L about 13 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I’ve dreamed about family-of-four beach days since the day I found out I was pregnant. The beach is Ellie’s absolut… https://t.co/3GpnAJlkkl 05:36:02 PM March 24, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 129: LIVE at the United Airlines NYC Half
- March 19, 2019 by AliUnited Airlines NYC Half 2019 Recap
- March 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 128: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Nicole Detling, Sports Psychologist
- March 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 127: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Rachel Nazarian, Dermatologist
- March 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 126: Ali & the Experts Week with Shannon McLay, Founder of The Financial Gym
Coming Together, Falling Apart
My apartment is coming together really nicely!
Though simultaneously my body is falling apart.
I battled a sinus infection a few weeks ago, then got better just in time to run the National Half Marathon. Now I’m sick again, this time with a nasty nagging cough and overall head congestion.
I’ve tried taking Mucinex (gosh, so sexy) and Extra Strength Tylenol (which, in my opinion, cures everything), but neither seem to be doing much good. I’m thinking maybe it’s just seasonal allergies getting the best of me.
Yesterday after work I went to the New York Road Runners offices — conveniently located so close to my new apartment — to pick up all my goodies for tomorrow’s Scotland 10K race.
I’m not sure how much use I’ll get out of the beanie, but I love the T-shirt and the tote bag. Well done, Scotland!
I’m excited about the race because I’ve grown to love racing in general, but I obviously wish I was healthier for the occasion. My plan is to just enjoy the race and not shoot for a goal time. Since I’ve never done an official 10K, I’m going to PR no matter what! It’ll be fun to just relax and not kill myself trying to maintain an outrageous pace.
Today has been beautiful in NYC. I spent my morning in Central Park then enjoyed a sunny 3-ish mile run along the East River. I was way too hot in shorts and a long-sleeved shirt!
Now I’m relaxing and laying low — and planning to be in bed by 10 pm tonight!
I’ve had my windows open all afternoon, which may not be ideal if I am, in fact, dealing with seasonal allergies, but I couldn’t resist.
I’m happy that my apartment is really coming together and I can’t wait to have my parents here next week to help make it into more of a home. I still feel like it’s a bit like a college dorm.
Here’s how things are looking:
Last night I spent some time hanging clothes in my closet…
…and yet I still have piles of
crap lovely clothes everywhere!
Tonight I plan on staying in, laying low, drinking a ton of water and carbo-loading for the big race tomorrow.
I will carbo-load for any occasion. A half marathon? Sure. A 5K? You bet. A walk to the grocery store? Yes, that also deserves carbs. Don’t ever get between me and a bread basket or a bowl of pasta.
LET ME KNOW: Who else is running the Scotland 10K tomorrow? I’m hoping to see lots of familiar faces out on the course!