Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- This is heartbreaking. And scary. https://t.co/jVt2QQlta2 about 52 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I am an investigative journalist! (But really, if it hurts to poop, it shouldn't, so read this.) https://t.co/K8ilVHDxF8 about 55 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "When you see something and believe in something, it’s often going to be before other people do. And you just have… https://t.co/CMQC1RVh8A about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 19, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 98: Mary Wittenberg, Former CEO of New York Road Runners & Virgin Sport
- September 17, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 34
- September 12, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 97: Amy Cragg
- September 12, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 33
- September 10, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 96: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Jenny Simpson, Emma Coburn, & Peter Ciaccia
Coming Together, Falling Apart
My apartment is coming together really nicely!
Though simultaneously my body is falling apart.
I battled a sinus infection a few weeks ago, then got better just in time to run the National Half Marathon. Now I’m sick again, this time with a nasty nagging cough and overall head congestion.
I’ve tried taking Mucinex (gosh, so sexy) and Extra Strength Tylenol (which, in my opinion, cures everything), but neither seem to be doing much good. I’m thinking maybe it’s just seasonal allergies getting the best of me.
Yesterday after work I went to the New York Road Runners offices — conveniently located so close to my new apartment — to pick up all my goodies for tomorrow’s Scotland 10K race.
I’m not sure how much use I’ll get out of the beanie, but I love the T-shirt and the tote bag. Well done, Scotland!
I’m excited about the race because I’ve grown to love racing in general, but I obviously wish I was healthier for the occasion. My plan is to just enjoy the race and not shoot for a goal time. Since I’ve never done an official 10K, I’m going to PR no matter what! It’ll be fun to just relax and not kill myself trying to maintain an outrageous pace.
Today has been beautiful in NYC. I spent my morning in Central Park then enjoyed a sunny 3-ish mile run along the East River. I was way too hot in shorts and a long-sleeved shirt!
Now I’m relaxing and laying low — and planning to be in bed by 10 pm tonight!
I’ve had my windows open all afternoon, which may not be ideal if I am, in fact, dealing with seasonal allergies, but I couldn’t resist.
I’m happy that my apartment is really coming together and I can’t wait to have my parents here next week to help make it into more of a home. I still feel like it’s a bit like a college dorm.
Here’s how things are looking:
Last night I spent some time hanging clothes in my closet…
…and yet I still have piles of
crap lovely clothes everywhere!
Tonight I plan on staying in, laying low, drinking a ton of water and carbo-loading for the big race tomorrow.
I will carbo-load for any occasion. A half marathon? Sure. A 5K? You bet. A walk to the grocery store? Yes, that also deserves carbs. Don’t ever get between me and a bread basket or a bowl of pasta.
LET ME KNOW: Who else is running the Scotland 10K tomorrow? I’m hoping to see lots of familiar faces out on the course!