Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Excited to share today's bonus episode with @CarrieTollefson, who just ran a 2:51 marathon at the Twin Cities Marat… https://t.co/aR94n5RILl about 19 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Exactly one year ago, I woke up at 5 AM for a 6:15 otfedgewater class. I was home by 7:30, showered, and then edite… https://t.co/YPqgJL073S about 20 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
- September 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 177: You Can Run a Marathon Q&A with Greg McMillan & Dr. Cathy Yeckel
Thankful Things Thursday: Cleared Air Edition
Happy Thursday! This week is flying by and I love it.
Since it’s Thursday, you know how we roll at Ali On The Run. We get down with our thankful sides.
I’m in a weird mood today. Stay with me. Please.
In honor of the weekly tradition, here’s what I’m thankful for today…
I’m thankful for having a job with sweet perks. Part of my job includes covering the Broadway scene. That means seeing shows. Lots and lots of shows. Yesterday I hit up a matinee performance of Anything Goes, then spent the evening at Catch Me If You Can (where I was seated a few seats away from Billy Crystal!).
Anything Goes was cute and I was by far the youngest person in the audience by about 50 years. The older generation was loving it! Catch Me If You Can was fantastic and I spent the entire time grinning up at Aaron Tveit, the show’s star, who is unbelievably charming and handsome (he played Trip Van der Bilt on “Gossip Girl” — total stud).
Last night I was complaining to my mom about having spent six hours of my day in a cramped Broadway theater. Her sympathetic response: “Rough life.”
I’m thankful for my gym. I love Crunch and although I’ve been going there for a few years now, I’m not sick of the classes yet. Yesterday, in between shows, I did a TRX class and a spinning class. It felt good to get some strength training and cardio in.
I’m thankful for running. Are you sick of this one yet? I think I always say I’m thankful for running. This morning I suited up in my new National Half T-shirt and hit the river path.
There wasn’t much for a sunrise, but I did see a Coast Guard boat, so I took a picture of it to share with you.
I know, that photo is lame. But I wanted to reassure you all that I do still have the same/a similar running route, so as soon as Mother Nature gets her act together, I’ll be back with the bright orange and red photos you’re used to.
I’m thankful everything is out in the open. I feel a bit like a weight has been lifted after writing Tuesday’s big breakup post. For a while it was really tough writing about my day-to-day life and leaving a huge part of it out — like the fact that it pained me to come up with “Thankful Things Thursday” topics when I felt so ungrateful for a lot of things. I’m glad I’ve cleared the air and been honest about what’s been going on.
I’m thankful I have a new apartment. You had to have seen this one coming. My new place is great so far and I’m excited to continue making it feel like home. I’m also excited to start having visitors and entertaining. Obviously I already have lots of wine.
I’m thankful for clothes from my mom (and for my mom in general). Every now and then my mom will make a trip to the outlets in New Hampshire, and a few days later I’ll get a package including some form of chocolate, a nice card and something she picked up for me. She’s a nice lady. Today I’m wearing a sweater she got for me a while ago. I’m not sure I like it, but again, my clothes aren’t unpacked so I’ve been wearing whatever is on the top of the pile.
Lastly, I’m incredibly thankful for all of the love you’ve shown me this week. Any faith I had lost in people in general has been totally restored this week. I’m beyond grateful and deeply appreciative.
NOW IT’S YOUR TURN: Give me two (or more!) things you’re thankful for today. Are you having a good hair day? (I’m not.) Did you pack an awesome lunch that you’re excited to eat? Are you still in your pajamas? Let me know!