Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 267: Catching Up with Emily Halnon
- July 26, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 266: On the Record with Mario Fraioli, Host of The Morning Shakeout
- July 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 265: Catching Up with Chris Heuisler
- July 19, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 264: On the Record with Dana Giordano, Host of More Than Running
- July 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 263: Hawi Keflezighi, Founder & CEO of HAWI Management
Sweet Sentiments In Central Park
I’ve divulged my love for Central Park many times, and if you’re sick of it, I’m sorry, because here I go again.
Today I was up at 6 am — I’m in the midst of an exceptionally busy weekend — in order to get a run in. It was weird not doing a double digit run (though, admittedly, I would have loved to if time permitted) since my next half marathon isn’t until May.
The park was fairly quiet, although there was a bike race going on.
The bikers were so fast — and I caught them at the top of Cat Hill!
My run was everything I wanted it to be: quiet, relaxing and comfortable.
I ran without a watch so I’m not sure of my final distance (I think I came in somewhere around 7.5 miles), and I even sprinted Central Park South in order to get some speedwork in! I had fun seeing how fast I could go and look forward to adding more speed to my regular training.
At one point I stopped in the middle of the 72nd Street crossover so I could use a bench to do a series of tricep dips (my favorite). I noticed the engravings on the benches and was swooning like a schoolgirl at a Justice Beaver concert. (“The Office,” anyone? Get the reference?)
I wish they were dated so I could know when they were engraved! So adorable. I couldn’t stop smiling.
OK, I have to get back to my crazy day now, but I promise [to try] to return tomorrow with an update on what I’ve been up to. Big news coming your way soon…
Have a great weekend!