Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
Sweet Sentiments In Central Park
I’ve divulged my love for Central Park many times, and if you’re sick of it, I’m sorry, because here I go again.
Today I was up at 6 am — I’m in the midst of an exceptionally busy weekend — in order to get a run in. It was weird not doing a double digit run (though, admittedly, I would have loved to if time permitted) since my next half marathon isn’t until May.
The park was fairly quiet, although there was a bike race going on.
The bikers were so fast — and I caught them at the top of Cat Hill!
My run was everything I wanted it to be: quiet, relaxing and comfortable.
I ran without a watch so I’m not sure of my final distance (I think I came in somewhere around 7.5 miles), and I even sprinted Central Park South in order to get some speedwork in! I had fun seeing how fast I could go and look forward to adding more speed to my regular training.
At one point I stopped in the middle of the 72nd Street crossover so I could use a bench to do a series of tricep dips (my favorite). I noticed the engravings on the benches and was swooning like a schoolgirl at a Justice Beaver concert. (“The Office,” anyone? Get the reference?)
I wish they were dated so I could know when they were engraved! So adorable. I couldn’t stop smiling.
OK, I have to get back to my crazy day now, but I promise [to try] to return tomorrow with an update on what I’ve been up to. Big news coming your way soon…
Have a great weekend!