Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- This post is #sponsored by the amergastroassn #IBDParenthoodProject. Now and then. It's so crazy to look back at… https://t.co/q8xyFhBdCG 07:12:30 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “When you’re in a powerless position & the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t goin… https://t.co/Oxg9MuShaT 06:30:59 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
No Pranks Please
Let me start by saying that I do not like this day — but aside from it being April 1, I’m in a good mood. This week flew by and lots of great stuff happened, including some stellar runs, fun photos and delicious treats.
When I say this day is bad, I’m referring to it being April Fool’s Day. I hate it with so much passion. I don’t like practical jokes. I don’t pull pranks on other people and I basically go through this day every year terrified that someone is going to do something awful to me, like when the kids on “Saved By The Bell” tried to dump a bucket of water on Miss Bliss. I also question everything I see, hear or read, because I feel like you can’t believe anything on April Fool’s Day.
That’s my rant, and this is my plea: Don’t mess with me today. I’m way too tightly wound to enjoy this “holiday.”
Whew! Down from soapbox!
Fear of pranking aside, here’s what’s going on…
It’s gloomy, cold and wet in NYC. I went out for some drinks last night — the plan was to get one glass of wine, and somehow the glass kept refilling itself, which is weird and magical — and I woke up today feeling not so hot. Maybe it was the four hours of sleep I got. Maybe it was the fact that I washed the sheets yesterday and slept on a plain mattress with just one blanket on me. Or maybe it was those extra glasses of wine that were just so delicious.
Suffice it to say I’m hurting a bit this morning. The weather isn’t helping.
I’m not entirely sure why I felt the need to wake up at 6 today to go for a run. I always think working out will lift me out of my wine haze — and it usually does. Today I was crawling along and spacing out the whole time.
Isn’t that the face of a champion?
Also, on rainy Fridays when I’m sleepy I don’t like to put much effort into how I look. But go figure, one of the guys I work with (the same one who told me yesterday that my leg warmers looked ridiculous) told me I look “very pretty” when I walked in this morning. That made me happy. People can be so nice.
Now I’m ready to finally clean my office since that task got away from me this week. I’m so excited the weekend is here!
DISCUSS: Do you get into April Fool’s Day? Do you love it or loathe it?