- "What do you register for at Target...paper towels? But don't buy us more than 3 rolls b/c we don't have room for them!" —@brian_cristiano about 16 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This city is too crowded. about 20 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Have been waiting 30 minutes to check out at Fairway. And got shoved. Needless to say, @wholefoodsnyc UES is needed! http://t.co/yUKyQb8NnM about 20 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 20 years later, Now & Then is still the best movie, Teeny is still my favorite, Devon Sawa is still dreamy, & Crazy Pete still makes me cry. 06:30:42 PM January 24, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- January 20, 2015 by Ali13 Things I've Learned In One Month Of Wedding Planning
- January 16, 2015 by AliA Crohn's Update + Things To Know About Enrolling In A Clinical Trial
- January 5, 2015 by AliStop Waiting
- January 2, 2015 by AliMy 2014 Game Changers
- December 31, 2014 by AliThe Dog And Pony Christmas Show
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Thankful Things Thursday: For Everything
It’s so easy to be thankful today because this week has been filled with amazing news and great people. So let’s get right to it…
I’m thankful for my friends. This one is a no brainer, and I’ve written about it before. I’m thankful for the amazing girls in my life all the time, but over the past month they have all been exceptionally wonderful. It seems like a lot of my friends are at major turning points in their lives right now, with exciting engagements, new jobs on the horizon, the culmination of grad school and moving forward with live-in boyfriends. It’s all exciting and I’m so grateful that even though some of us live in different cities, we’ve been able to stay on top of each others’ lives.
I’m thankful for my new PR! I’m still giddy with excitement over the fact that I pulled a 1:44 race time out of nowhere last weekend in D.C. I never thought I would be a runner, let alone a sub-2 hour half marathoner. I’ll be riding high on this one for a little while, if you don’t mind.
I’m thankful I’ve learned how to take care of myself. Lately I’ve really been paying attention to how my legs feel before and after runs. I’m trying to be more aware of any oncoming pain and have been going to town with my foam roller and The Stick. I’m taking time to stretch, which I was definitely slacking on for a while.
I’m thankful for spinning. I’ve been really loving my gym’s spin classes lately, and even wrote about them for NBC New York. [Shameless plug.] Check out my post here. My legs have been feeling super strong during each class and I’ve been getting in the zone more than usual. It’s a good feeling.
I’m thankful for running. Always. This morning I beat the rain and enjoyed three miles along the river. There are no sunrise photos to share today because there was no sunrise. It’s a rainy, gloomy day in NYC, but starting the day of with a run makes me not care so much about the weather.
I’m thankful for dresses. In case I haven’t made my obsession clear yet, I’m a big fan of dresses. They’re huge time savers in the morning. Today all I had to do was throw on one of my favorite dresses, wrap a belt around it and I was done.
Are those shoulder pads? Why yes, yes they are. This dress has really thin shoulder pads built in, and in the spirit of a week filled with leg warmers and scrunchies, wearing this today seemed fitting.
I’m also wearing a sapphire necklace my brother gave me a few years ago. This photo doesn’t do it justice, but it’s gorgeous and reminds me of the necklace from Titanic!
I’m thankful for you, readers. I’m cheesy, I know. But I’ve been loving all of your insightful, helpful comments lately and I’m glad you’re sticking around.
NOW IT’S YOUR TURN: Keep those awesome comments coming and let me know what you’re thankful for today!