Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- This post is #sponsored by the amergastroassn #IBDParenthoodProject. Now and then. It's so crazy to look back at… https://t.co/q8xyFhBdCG 07:12:30 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “When you’re in a powerless position & the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t goin… https://t.co/Oxg9MuShaT 06:30:59 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Shout-out to all the parents out there whose babies are getting four teeth at once. Whose babies have woken up cryi… https://t.co/SDPVCQ7Rpu 06:44:39 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Loved talking to @junodemelo and @runnersworld about my relationships with podcasting and running! https://t.co/H6Fr3ekXVr 02:27:52 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
Thankful Things Thursday: For Everything
It’s so easy to be thankful today because this week has been filled with amazing news and great people. So let’s get right to it…
I’m thankful for my friends. This one is a no brainer, and I’ve written about it before. I’m thankful for the amazing girls in my life all the time, but over the past month they have all been exceptionally wonderful. It seems like a lot of my friends are at major turning points in their lives right now, with exciting engagements, new jobs on the horizon, the culmination of grad school and moving forward with live-in boyfriends. It’s all exciting and I’m so grateful that even though some of us live in different cities, we’ve been able to stay on top of each others’ lives.
I’m thankful for my new PR! I’m still giddy with excitement over the fact that I pulled a 1:44 race time out of nowhere last weekend in D.C. I never thought I would be a runner, let alone a sub-2 hour half marathoner. I’ll be riding high on this one for a little while, if you don’t mind.
I’m thankful I’ve learned how to take care of myself. Lately I’ve really been paying attention to how my legs feel before and after runs. I’m trying to be more aware of any oncoming pain and have been going to town with my foam roller and The Stick. I’m taking time to stretch, which I was definitely slacking on for a while.
I’m thankful for spinning. I’ve been really loving my gym’s spin classes lately, and even wrote about them for NBC New York. [Shameless plug.] Check out my post here. My legs have been feeling super strong during each class and I’ve been getting in the zone more than usual. It’s a good feeling.
I’m thankful for running. Always. This morning I beat the rain and enjoyed three miles along the river. There are no sunrise photos to share today because there was no sunrise. It’s a rainy, gloomy day in NYC, but starting the day of with a run makes me not care so much about the weather.
I’m thankful for dresses. In case I haven’t made my obsession clear yet, I’m a big fan of dresses. They’re huge time savers in the morning. Today all I had to do was throw on one of my favorite dresses, wrap a belt around it and I was done.
Are those shoulder pads? Why yes, yes they are. This dress has really thin shoulder pads built in, and in the spirit of a week filled with leg warmers and scrunchies, wearing this today seemed fitting.
I’m also wearing a sapphire necklace my brother gave me a few years ago. This photo doesn’t do it justice, but it’s gorgeous and reminds me of the necklace from Titanic!
I’m thankful for you, readers. I’m cheesy, I know. But I’ve been loving all of your insightful, helpful comments lately and I’m glad you’re sticking around.
NOW IT’S YOUR TURN: Keep those awesome comments coming and let me know what you’re thankful for today!