Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- If I just want to see the eclipse at prime time for like a second, what time should I go outside? THANKS. (Google gave too many answers.) about 18 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Yay! https://t.co/9Si5obtgST about 18 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This is hard to watch & seems unbelievable. But it's...not. Struggling for words these days. https://t.co/BeqtXP8end 12:51:17 PM August 16, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- August 3, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 39: Registered Dietitian Kelly Hogan
- July 18, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 38: I'm Back!
- June 20, 2017 by AliAn Update on the Crohn's Situation + Things I'm Loving Right Now
- June 15, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 37: Lindsey Hein, Host of the I'll Have Another Podcast
- June 13, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 36: My Least Favorite Motivational Phrases
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
10 Things For Today
I woke up this morning and decided it’s going to be a great day. The sun is out, the weather is going to hit 40 degrees (sad how excited I am about that) and there’s plenty to be happy about.
As you know, few things in life make me happier than lists. So in honor of being in an excellent mood, here are two lists…
5 Things I’m Happy I’ve Done Today:
1. I wore a scrunchie. Oh yes, you read that correctly. Two years ago I stole this gem from a friend and I’ve been wearing it nonstop — well, to bed at least, never in public — ever since. It’s kinder to my hair than elastics and it doesn’t give me a headache to sleep on. Today, I kept the scrunchie on while I ran because really, why not?
I can’t believe I wore a scrunchie out in public just a few days after wearing leg warmers all over D.C. Whatever.
2. I ran. This always makes me happy. I banged out four miles and my legs felt tired. No surprise there — I haven’t taken much of a break since the race on Saturday. But I couldn’t resist and I didn’t push my pace. I kept it relaxed and took in the sunrise, nearly blinding myself.
3. I stretched. Usually I don’t have enough time in the morning to do my ab routine, run and stretch. Oftentimes stretching is the first thing to go, which I know is terrible. Today I stayed outside after my run for a few minutes to stretch out my quads, hamstrings and calf muscles. I plan to stretch more tonight, but it felt so good to take those few extra minutes to take care of myself.
4. I got dressed in yellow. People have told me before that “Yellow is a hard color to pull off with your skin tone.” To those people I say, “Shut it.” I will wear whatever color I want without worrying about whether or not it matches my olivey skin.
I’m still not sold on the skinny jeans and heels look, but I always prefer heels over flats so I’m going with it today.
5. I made my lunch and brought it to work. I was on the verge of being late and almost told myself I’d “just run out and buy something,” but instead I took 60 seconds to throw together a peanut butter sandwich. I threw my last Granny Smith apple in the bag and a pudding cup and boom — lunch complete, $10 saved.
5 Other Things I Would Like To Do Today:
1. Clean my office. It’s dusty and messy and I want to overhaul it to make it sparkly again.
2. Go for a walk. I packed my lunch which inevitably means I’ll eat it sitting at my desk. I’d like to take a few minutes to walk around the block to at least get some sunshine and maybe see a puppy or two. I don’t leave the office enough during the day and as the weather gets nicer, I want to make a better effort to indulge in some daytime Vitamin D.
3. Go to my favorite spinning class. Wednesday is the best day because of Matt’s class at Crunch. Usually one of my gym buddies is there to motivate me (CJ! You better show up tonight!) and we get to catch up before spinning our legs off.
4. Do laundry. My sheets and towels are begging to be made clean again. I will show them some love tonight with an extra dryer sheet for fluffiness.
5. Do a random act of kindness. I don’t know what yet, but I’m in the mood to do something nice for a stranger, whether it’s offering up my seat on the subway (because I’m competitive and almost always get one) or waiting an extra second to hold the door for someone (instead of rushing to the elevator and letting it shut in someone’s face — not that I’ve ever done that).
NOW IT’S YOUR TURN: Come on, you knew that was coming. Tell me at least one thing you’re happy you’ve done today plus one (or more!) things you’re hoping to do later to make this a great day.