Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- 1:47:32! Could've done without the bathroom stop at mile 9, but it was necessary. Great day for… https://t.co/MIcV3878Dv about 3 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Ready to run the @njmarathon Half! (Actually after the best running week ever last week, this… https://t.co/BWNmgMlFIG about 23 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Running this weekend? Take @HealthontheRun & me with you! We have a lot to say... https://t.co/0KhRgraJd1 #podcast #trypod 08:46:39 AM April 29, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- April 27, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 23: Lauren Conkey, 3:18 Marathoner, Mother & Public Health Advocate
- April 25, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 22: How I Finally Got Over My Body Issues
- April 24, 2017 by AliStevens Cooperative School 5K Recap
- April 19, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 21: Brynn Fessette O'Neill, Physical Therapist at Finish Line Physical Therapy
- April 18, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 20: Stop Waiting
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Returning To The Routine
Mondays in general aren’t necessarily the most fun days. But Mondays following awesome long weekends are particularly rough. I’d much rather be sitting on my couch catching up on missed DVR (while wearing my new race medal, of course) than sitting at the office. Oh well!
If you’re getting caught up, here’s what you missed over the weekend:
- I took the bus to D.C. on Friday morning. While on board, I posted my kick ass half marathon playlist that would propel me through 13.1 miles.
- I attended the race expo on Friday afternoon then did some serious carbo-loading at Carmine’s.
- Bright and early Saturday morning, I ran the National Half Marathon! Here’s the post with my official race time and here’s the post recapping the whole extravaganza.
- I spent the rest of the day on Saturday exploring D.C., checking out the cherry blossoms and meeting fellow bloggers.
Now I’m back in NYC still riding high after the incredible race.
I was hoping to get to bed early last night but of course that didn’t happen. I did eat some delicious cake from Tony’s that was waiting for me in the refrigerator though!
If that’s not the best way to celebrate a new PR, I don’t know what is.
Still I woke up at 5:30 this morning to get a shake out run in. These runs are important because they keep the lactic acid in your legs moving, which helps ward off soreness.
And trust, I’m sore. The hilly course attacked my quads and hamstrings and it felt great to get in a 3-mile run at a very comfortable, conversational pace.
Also, it was really cold this morning. Like, 27 degrees cold… I had to bust out all my winter running gear again.
I was happy to get my legs moving and did lots of foam rolling when I got back to the apartment. I listened to my playlist from this weekend and was grinning like a nerd during the entire run.
As I love traveling, I do like getting back into my regular routine once I return. It felt good to wake up early this morning and I’m looking forward to a week of relative normalcy that will include lots of quality time at the gym and even more quality time with good friends.
I wasn’t planning to post today’s outfit because it’s laaaaame (jeans and a T-shirt, solid effort, Ali), but when I don’t post them I get emails wondering if I got dressed today (no joke). So here you go:
I WANT TO KNOW: How do you re-adjust when you return from a trip? Do you enjoy getting back to reality or do you have a hard time settling in?