- When I go to bed at night, I see the 2048 tiles floating in my brain. (Also used to happen when I was addicted to Snood in high school.) 07:47:33 AM February 27, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- When I left for dinner we were all talking about the llamas. Came home from dinner & it's all about this black & blue dress. Can't keep up! 10:58:41 PM February 26, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I got "White Llama." This is amazing. http://t.co/J2OPRSmuNM 05:10:37 PM February 26, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- NOOOO LET THE LLAMA BE FREE! 03:27:21 PM February 26, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- February 24, 2015 by Ali40 Days To Personal Revolution: Week 1
- February 19, 2015 by Ali40 Days To Personal Revolution: Let's Get It Started!
- February 13, 2015 by AliPuzzling Thoughts + I Tried Mile High Run Club (And Got You A Free Class!)
- February 9, 2015 by AliAli Back On The Run
- January 20, 2015 by Ali13 Things I've Learned In One Month Of Wedding Planning
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
A Divine Day In D.C.
I’m safely back in NYC, relaxing on the couch with sweatpants, a glass of vino and some 16 Handles (duh).
When we last “chatted,” I filled you in on all things “National Half Marathon” — click here to read my full recap. I’m definitely sore today, which means I pushed myself yesterday and really went for it. It’s the best kind of hurt!
After yesterday’s race, the day was filled with good stuff. Ashley and I took the Metro back to our hotel then relaxed for a while. I enjoyed a delicious cup of 7-11 hot chocolate in bed before taking a ridiculously long, hot shower. Post race showers are the best part about races!
The plan was to spend the afternoon sightseeing, since it was a chilly but beautiful day in D.C. Although I’ve been once before, it was nice seeing all of the monuments and memorials again.
Of course, the cherry blossoms made the sightseeing that much better. They’re so beautiful! According to lots of D.C.-natives, this weekend was the peak of the season.
Eventually we wandered down some adorable side streets before settling at Gordon Biersch Brewery for lunch.
I was starving when we finally picked a place to eat and immediately chose a cheeseburger with a side of garlic fries. It was the perfect post-run meal.
Then it was time for more sightseeing! The Capitol Building is my favorite and I was obsessed with taking tons of pictures of it.
You know what doesn’t impress me? The White House. I’d rather live at the Capitol Building.
The World War II memorial is one of my favorites.
Our last stop was the Lincoln Memorial. I love Lincoln. He’s cool.
OK, enough of the touristy photos.
I wish I could have chatted with everyone at the meet-up, but there were more than 50 of us in attendance. Needless to say the room was loud!
After the social, my cousin (and spectator extraordinaire) treated me to a wonderful meal — and delicious drinks — at a cute wine bar in Arlington. We sat at the bar and enjoyed good Riesling (for me), yummy baked goat cheese and some heart-shaped grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup for dipping. It was perfection.
Ashley and I slept like rocks last night though — and this should come as no surprise — my body woke up sans alarm at 7 am. Ugh! I wish I could have slept more, but instead I figured I may as well start my day with some stretching, blogging and showering.
Eventually we headed for Union Station where we stocked up on snacks for the train ride, which was uneventful despite a few delays.
Now I’m back home and dreading the fact that I have to work tomorrow. I need a recovery day from my weekend away!
Once again, congratulations to all of the runners this weekend, whether you were in D.C. or somewhere else. You’re all rock stars. And to all the bloggers and readers I met this weekend — yay! The energy all around this weekend was amazing and inspiring. Can’t wait for my next race!