Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Everything’s better in the off-season. 😎 @ Asbury Park Boardwalk https://t.co/lQSHJQD2c2 about 9 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- NYC runners, I am so sad I can't go to this, but YOU SHOULD! A great lineup sharing @nycmarathon tips, advice, and… https://t.co/uFMAjhepeC about 16 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My gift to myself for surviving my first year of motherhood was the gift of family photos — taken by the same perso… https://t.co/BSf4zcicWd 07:33:24 AM October 17, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Last year, Carly Gill fell just two minutes short of her goal of qualifying for the Olympic Marathon Trials. On thi… https://t.co/4shPKggSF2 06:31:24 AM October 17, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
With just four days left until the National 1/2 Marathon, the pre-race paranoia has officially set in.
I’m worried my headphones will break before the race. (This happened to me during the second mile of the New York City half last year.) I plan to buy two extra pairs tomorrow, just to be safe.
I’m worried I’ll get injured at some point in the next few days. I woke up this morning and felt a little quiver in my right leg. It was definitely nothing, but naturally I convinced myself I had managed to tear my ACL in my sleep.
I’m worried I won’t feel great on race day. My biggest concern is always making sure I wake up with enough time to make as many trips to the bathroom as necessary. Hope my race day roommate is cool with that.
I’m worried the weather will suck. Right now the Saturday forecast for D.C. is rain. Ideal? No. Potentially really fun? Sure.
I’m worried the bus will break down on the way to D.C. on Friday and we’ll miss getting to the Expo on time. Not much I can do about this one, but let’s all just hope for a super smooth trip, shall we?
I think it’s totally normal to feel paranoid about every little thing before a big race. I’ve been training for this one for what feels like forever, and I desperately want everything to go right on the big day.
I’m continuing to take care of myself in order to ensure a strong finish on Saturday. This morning I woke up plenty early so I had time to stretch, foam roll, do some abs and get in a 4-mile run. The weather was nice and the views were dark but pretty.
I’ve got a really busy week leading up to the D.C. trip on Friday. Today I need to sneak out of the office at some point to get to Whole Foods so I can stock up on Larabars and trail mix supplies, then tonight I have a work event to attend that’s sure to turn into a late night.
In the meantime, I’m wearing hot pink, so you know it’s going to be a good day.
Have a great day!
DISCUSS: Do you suffer from pre-race jitters, anxiety or paranoia? What types of things do you worry about?