Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
Ali’s Weekend Update
I’ve got all kinds of things to update you on, so let’s get right down to it.
First of all, I’m so glad I took yesterday off from work. I was stressed out by not being in the office, but I worked all day from home which was a nice alternative to being miserable at my desk.
(Oh, in case you missed it, I’ve been sick all week.)
I got two doses of antibiotics in me yesterday, so by late afternoon I was dying to get outside to enjoy the 75-degree day.
I went for a walk/run along the river. The highlight, of course, was seeing the abundance of puppies at the dog run.
I felt OK as I covered 3 miles yesterday. I loved the weather and it was so nice being in just shorts and a tank top. But at that point, my throat was still hurting pretty badly, so I took it easy.
Yesterday was also an exciting day for me because my first post on NBC New York’s Go Healthy blog was posted!
Dinner last night was the ultimate comfort food: pad thai! I got to bed early and slept until 8 am.
I was thrilled to wake up this morning feeling rested — and even more thrilled that I could actually swallow! It didn’t hurt! I’m not completely healed, but I’m definitely getting there.
That meant a return to running! I had originally planned to run 6 miles today as my final long run before next weekend’s half marathon.
Turns out, I felt good enough that I ran 7 miles! It wasn’t my fastest pace because I still wanted to take it easy, but I felt comfortable and the weather was perfect. Happy Ali! I feel confident that as long as the antibiotics keep working and I don’t have to put up with any side effects, I may still hit my goal time at the race.
After my run, I used my new toy: The Stick!
(That sounds dirty. It’s not.)
This was my first time using The Stick and I liked that I could really wore specific areas of my legs. I love my foam roller, but this was a different kind of happiness.
Now I’m showered, I’m feeling good and I’m ready to have a great weekend!
Lastly, good luck to everyone running the NYC 1/2 Marathon tomorrow! I had a blast running it last year and hope everyone who’s participating has a fabulous race!
TALK TO ME: Are you a do-er on the weekends? Or do you prefer to be lazy once the weekend rolls around? I’ve always been a go-go-go kind of person (obviously, I wake up early to run every Saturday). But lately I’ve been trying to embrace my on-the-go tendencies with a decent amount of rest and relaxation.