Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- This post is #sponsored by the amergastroassn #IBDParenthoodProject. Now and then. It's so crazy to look back at… https://t.co/q8xyFhBdCG 07:12:30 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “When you’re in a powerless position & the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t goin… https://t.co/Oxg9MuShaT 06:30:59 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
Sleep > Sickness
Well, it happened. I woke up sick this morning.
It’s nothing I can’t beat — just a cold right now — but it’s still inconvenient.
I got to bed early and passed out hard, but I was tossing and turning all night. I was sweating one hour and freezing the next. You know the feeling.
I had plans to run in Central Park this morning, but when my alarm went off at 5:30 I knew that wasn’t a great idea. I re-set the alarm for 5:45, thinking maybe by then my sore throat would settle.
No such luck.
Sleeping in for the win.
I’m proud of myself for making the right call and not forcing myself to run — which is probably what I would have done a few months ago. From the neck down, my body feels fine. But between the sore throat, achy ears and overall head bluriness, I knew sleep was the best option. If I feel better later I can still get a run in tonight (since it’ll be light out!), but the extra sleep was necessary this morning.
I know I preach all the time about not dressing for the weather — if it’s raining, you can still look cute. But I’m a firm believer that if you feel like crap, it’s OK to look like crap.
Today’s outfit is simple: baggy jeans, a tank top and a short-sleeved cardigan.
I also brought a cozy sweatshirt with me to the office and will probably be throwing that on later if these chills continue.
So that’s me in a nutshell today! I wish I could have called in sick to work and taken the day to rest, but that’s not an option since it’s one of our super busy weeks.
The upside: I’d rather be sick now than be sick next week when I’m in DC!
See? There’s always an upside!
HELP A GIRL OUT: What are your best cold remedies? I rested this morning, which I know will help, and I have some Extra Strength Tylenol in my purse if I need it. I plan on drinking tons of water all day and I brought plain foods to get me through the day, like a peanut butter sandwich and an apple.