Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
Thankful Things Thursday: Rain-Free Edition
I woke up today and my first thought was, “Today is going to be a good day.” I don’t know why, I just have a good feeling about it.
Plus, it’s Thankful Things Thursday, so let’s just jump right into it. Here’s what’s awesome about today…
I’m thankful that I got to sleep before midnight. As you may recall, I haven’t been getting much sleep lately. But last night I powered down my laptop, turned off the TV and passed out for six glorious hours (still not enough, I know, but baby steps…).
I’m thankful that I beat the rain. The forecast has been saying it’s going to rain in NYC today — and judging by the dreariness out there, I’d say the prediction is right. But I woke up early enough to get a 4-miler in and walk to work before any precipitation hit.
I’m thankful the grass is getting greener. This one could be an awesome metaphor, don’t you think? But seriously, where there used to be snow, there’s grass growing. Spring is right around the corner.
I’m thankful for puppies. I’m always thankful for dogs. I’m especially thankful that I get to walk by a Doggy Daycare every morning where there are tons of excited dogs playing. (And yes, I’m the creep who stands there and takes pictures of strangers’ dogs.)
I’m thankful to be going out with friends tonight. The plan is to go straight from work to yoga (time permitting, we’ll see if it happens) then out with the girls. Naturally that presents a challenge as to what to wear, since I won’t be going home before dinner. The best solution I came up with (remember, it’ll be raining later) was skinny jeans, a cute top and a blazer. I commute in boots…
And then I put heels on when I get to the office. Though I’m not sold on the skinny jeans with heels look on me. Some girls rock it. I am undecided.
The blazer keeps this outfit work appropriate, but I’ll be able to take it off at dinner. Because I’m crazy like that.
Lastly, I am thankful for 90s pop music. Oh yes, you read correctly. This morning my iPod was playing on Shuffle, and some great stuff came on, including…
- “The Sign” by Ace of Base
- “Back For Good” by Take That
- “No Limit” by 2Unlimited
- “Jellyhead” by Crush
- “Fantasy” by Mariah Carey
- “Don’t Let Me Be The Last To Know” by my girl B.Spears
- …and maybe a Hanson song. Or two.
Yes, I have cool songs in my rotation. Remember, this is a judgment free zone.
NOW YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO: Tell me what you’re thankful for today! Maybe a particular snack you plan to eat later, or a workout you’ve got planned. Perhaps you’re even thankful for Hanson or the Backstreet Boys, like I am. Whatever you’re pumped about, let me know. I support it.