Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
Happiness = Seersucker
Oh that’s right, I said it: Happy.
If you’re a regular reader, you know by now that the past few weeks have been a little rough on the Ali front. I haven’t gotten into much detail on the blog since it’s all a bit personal — eventually I’ll fill you in, because I like you so much — but let’s just say I’ve done my fair share of screaming, crying, whining, fighting and getting away from my usual happy-go-lucky self.
But today I resolve to return to Happy Ali. No more tears. No more complaints. Just doing whatever I need to do to focus on my own smiling.
Despite not getting a ton of sleep last night due to a neighbor’s over-active smoke alarm (which led to me staying in bed way past my alarm), there’s plenty to be psyched about today. Here goes!
I woke up and enjoyed a misty morning run. Sunshine is wonderful and snow is exciting, but running when it’s just barely drizzling outside is one of my favorite things to do. There were lots of puddles left over from yesterday’s intense rain, and my feet were soaked. I didn’t mind though.
The sky was grey, which I was also OK with. Sometimes it’s nice not to be blinded while taking a photo of the sunrise (I kid, I always love a good sunrise, you know that).
It may not be St. Patrick’s Day yet (nor am I even a little bit Irish), but I’m feeling festive today.
Check out these new socks my mom sent me:
Obviously wearing new socks is a happy feeling. Wearing new green socks (my favorite color) is even better.
Another fun thing: Britney’s new single, “Till The World Ends.” It’s amazing and I can’t stop listening to it. Download immediately, people. Download immediately.
Oh you want to know what I’m wearing today?
I’m wearing seersucker!
I only wear seersucker in the springtime and summertime, and although it’s not technically spring yet, I’m egging it on with my outfit today.
I started with the usual:
Then BAM! Kicked it up a notch with a blazer:
Let’s get up close and personal with the seersucker, shall we?
Lastly, I came into work to find this lovely card on my desk from my very best friend, Becky:
With all those things in my favor, how can today not be great? I’m planning to take an actual lunch break (that’s right, no eating at my desk today!) and will hopefully make it to the gym this evening to do some strength training.
Until then, have a great day everyone!
TELL ME: What one thing is making you happy on this otherwise dreary Monday? Bonus points if you share more than one thing. Share five things. Go crazy.