Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- May 27, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 242: Shalane Flanagan
- May 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 241: On the Job with JoMarie Flores, Funeral Director
- May 21, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 240: Lee Glandorf, Tracksmith Head of Communications
- May 20, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 239: Dinée Dorame, Citizen of the Navajo Nation
- May 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 238: Sasha Wolff, Founder of Still I Run
Lately I’ve been feeling a bit of running fatigue. Mentally I always love running. It’s never something I feel like I’m being forced to do, even if I’m training (which I am right now, for a half-marathon at the end of the month).
My body has been a bit tired and my legs especially don’t seem to want to move very fast.
Today, however, I felt reinvigorated. I don’t know why. Maybe it was the weather: Today it hit 60 degrees in NYC!
I ran 9 miles through Central Park (wearing shorts!!!) and not only did my body feel great, my spirits were high. I listened to happy music (Avril Lavigne, Pink and Katy Perry were all in heavy rotation) and loved that there were so many people in the park.
Are you sick of my abundance of Central Park photos yet? If not, here’s one more, of the Reservoir:
During the run, my pace felt solid, my legs felt energized and I enjoyed every bit of sunshine that was shining on my face.
The rest of my day was spent walking around my neighborhood and catching up with friends.
Now it’s naptime. Or SoapNet/”90210″ time…
It’s practically spring, people. Let’s all get excited.
TELL ME: What’s your favorite springtime activity? I like going for long walks wearing just jeans, a T-shirt and a blazer or light sweater. Layers be gone!