Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Last year, Carly Gill fell just two minutes short of her goal of qualifying for the Olympic Marathon Trials. On thi… https://t.co/4shPKggSF2 about 27 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- There were truly days I wasn’t convinced I’d make it to one. There were days — months — spent convincing myself I h… https://t.co/56CpafvU0f about 11 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
Thankful Things Thursday: Purple Edition
It’s Thursday. You know what that means.
I’m really only calling this the Purple Edition because I’m wearing a purple dress today.
The dress is Diane Von Furstenburg and I bought it several years ago. I rarely wear it because it fits sort of weird. I wanted to wear a dress today, but since the temperatures are back down to 20 degrees, I needed to layer up. Enter long sleeves and tights.
This isn’t my favorite way to dress up because it feels bulky, but I am thankful for the color purple.
Other things I’m thankful for today:
It’s light out when I run in the morning now. Sure, I miss the sunrise, but I looooove the sunshine!
My appetite is coming back. My appetite has been really off for the past two weeks, but slowly food is starting to taste good again. Don’t worry, I’m still eating (plenty). It just hadn’t been tasting good.
I’m going to yoga tonight. For the past two days I’ve had big gym plans and then things have come up and I’ve missed out on spinning (with my favorite instructor, no less). Tonight I will make it to yoga.
I’m very thankful for my newfound outlook on exercising, resting and finding balance in life. I appreciate all of the wonderful feedback on this post and look forward to getting all I can out of life going forward, both at the gym and beyond.
I got a late start today so I have to run. Work beckons! But tell me what you’re thankful for and I’ll be back tonight with my recap of the day.