Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
On Staying Positive
Wow. Thank you all for your amazingly supportive comments on last night’s “I’m finally admitting I’m kind of addicted to exercising but now I want to get better” post.
It felt cleansing to pour my heart out last night, and I loved the discussion the post sparked. As I’ve mentioned a few times, February was a tough month. As March picks up, things aren’t necessarily easier on most fronts, but my attitude is positive.
I’m confident that by March 31, I will have a huge smile on my face and (hopefully) a new half-marathon personal record.
You know what made me happy this morning? Listening to Avril Lavigne’s new single, “What The Hell.” It’s so dang catchy and I love the message behind it about going out and doing whatever you want.
Most days I say that in order to feel happy, I dress happy (bright colors, sky-high heels, etc.). Today I didn’t totally do that. Instead, I threw on one of my go-to outfits.
It’s easy, it’s comfortable, and I actually prefer it without the blazer.
The necklace is one of my favorites that I snagged at the J.Crew outlet this past summer.
Yesterday I was talking to a coworker who reads my blog (to my knowledge, she’s the only one at the office who knows about it). I asked her how often she reads, and she responded, “Enough to know that you take pictures of yourself in the bathroom every morning.”
Ahhh that little things that make me laugh.
The workday should be fairly busy today, then I’m hoping to make it to my favorite spinning class tonight.
SHARE: I’d love to continue hearing peoples’ thoughts on over-training and over-exercising. I feel like it’s so common today, especially with 20-something women. We have a “do it all, and do it all full out” mentality that’s hard to shake. Thank you again for all of your kind words — you make my life better.