Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- It’s been such a good week with Annie! I feel like my postnatal fog has truly lifted, and I’m just having so much f… https://t.co/5qyequolyQ 07:52:02 PM December 13, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Love having @AfterShokz as a sponsor of the Ali on the Run Show. If you haven't picked up a pair for yourself, hop… https://t.co/utknwcQPok 04:52:43 PM December 13, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "You’re not brave unless you try. You’re not brave unless you show up. You’ve gotta get there, and when you get the… https://t.co/RYt4UQtfie 01:58:38 PM December 13, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- December 12, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 110: Olivia Young, Creator of Box + Flow
- December 5, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 109: Jes Woods, Nike Run Coach
- December 4, 2018 by AliNew Mom Challenges: What I Mean When I Say It's Hard
- November 28, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 108: 11 Ways I Improved My Confidence
- November 27, 2018 by AliMy Newborn Must-Haves
Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit
When I was in kindergarten, Mrs. Forgiel taught us all that you should always say “Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit” on the first day of every month. It brings you good luck for the following 28–31 days.
It’s a habit I have stuck with for the past, oh, 20 years? Maybe it’s habit, but maybe it’s superstition. Either way, I can’t shake it. It’s the first thing I say — even if it’s in my head or a soft whisper — on the first morning of a new month.
In the spirit of a new month, I started the day with a nice 4-mile run along the river. Today it was light out when I left the apartment! My sunrise days after coming to an end soon. But here’s what I caught this morning:
It was in the mid-30s this morning, which was very comfortable. My legs felt good and I was glad I didn’t push it and run yesterday (although I did hit up a Chisel and Spinning class last night).
A new month also calls for a springy dress, don’t you think?
(For the record, I totally got busted taking a picture of myself in the office bathroom today! A coworker walked in and smiled politely. I got really awkward and made some comment about how the wind makes my eyes water. Sometimes I make no sense. She didn’t question it though. Nice girl.)
That’s all for now. I apologize for the infrequent blogging lately. I have a ton of stuff going on and with that comes a whole lot of stress. Don’t worry, I’ll be filling you in on everything soon.
Let’s all have a great month, shall we?
TELL ME: Do you have any Rabbit-ish superstitions? Any start-of-month routines you follow? Or superstitions in general? I still always make a wish when I catch the clock at 11:11.