Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Super cool Ali on the Run Show shout-out today in @engadget! (Thanks so much for the kind words and love,… https://t.co/YBdX6DTjq3 about 5 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Annie was born on a sunny Tuesday morning, at exactly 39 weeks. Today, on another sunny Tuesday, she’s exactly 39 w… https://t.co/UhQ1Sk9uHn about 10 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- July 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 157: Motherhood Mondays with Julia Berteletti and Laura Green
- July 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 156: Sarah MacKay Robinson, Elite Runner
- July 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 155: Motherhood Mondays with Dr. Molly Millwood, Clinical Psychologist
- July 2, 2019 by AliLife Lately
- June 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 154: Motherhood Mondays with Hitha Palepu, on Postpartum Depression, Breaking Points, & Parenting Unapologetically
Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit
When I was in kindergarten, Mrs. Forgiel taught us all that you should always say “Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit” on the first day of every month. It brings you good luck for the following 28–31 days.
It’s a habit I have stuck with for the past, oh, 20 years? Maybe it’s habit, but maybe it’s superstition. Either way, I can’t shake it. It’s the first thing I say — even if it’s in my head or a soft whisper — on the first morning of a new month.
In the spirit of a new month, I started the day with a nice 4-mile run along the river. Today it was light out when I left the apartment! My sunrise days after coming to an end soon. But here’s what I caught this morning:
It was in the mid-30s this morning, which was very comfortable. My legs felt good and I was glad I didn’t push it and run yesterday (although I did hit up a Chisel and Spinning class last night).
A new month also calls for a springy dress, don’t you think?
(For the record, I totally got busted taking a picture of myself in the office bathroom today! A coworker walked in and smiled politely. I got really awkward and made some comment about how the wind makes my eyes water. Sometimes I make no sense. She didn’t question it though. Nice girl.)
That’s all for now. I apologize for the infrequent blogging lately. I have a ton of stuff going on and with that comes a whole lot of stress. Don’t worry, I’ll be filling you in on everything soon.
Let’s all have a great month, shall we?
TELL ME: Do you have any Rabbit-ish superstitions? Any start-of-month routines you follow? Or superstitions in general? I still always make a wish when I catch the clock at 11:11.