Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- June 13, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 78: Wesley Little, Couples Therapist
- June 12, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Weeks 19 & 20
- June 10, 2018 by AliNYRR New York Mini 10K 2018 Recap
- June 6, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 77: The Live Show!
- June 5, 2018 by AliWe Went LIVE
Sure it’s a short month, but I can’t believe we’re already headed into March. Totally fine with that, since I equate March with the start of spring!
I watched some of the Academy Awards last night. I’m not a huge award show person, but ABS had them on so I tried to get interested. I had seen Black Swan, The Fighter and The Social Network, so I at least had some clue what was going on with all the references and nominees. I thought all of the big winners were deserving, though I would have loved to see The Social Network take home Best Picture (admittedly, I didn’t see The King’s Speech, which I’m sure is wonderful).
Honestly, the only part of award shows I care about is the red carpet. Anyone else?
Just catching up? Here’s what else I did this weekend:
- I tried out a new class at the gym on Friday.
- I struggled through a 12-mile run on Saturday, but enjoyed the sunshine and was glad I got it done.
- I spent the rest of the weekend relaxing in Westchester.
It’s an icky day in NYC — rain, again. But that’s also fine with me, since I had planned a running rest day anyway. I was still up at 5:30 am and couldn’t fall back asleep, so I used the extra morning time to be productive at the apartment.
In typical “make the best of it” fashion, I decided not to succumb to the weather and instead chose a hot pink floral ensemble.
The hairstyle = mini French braids in front pulled back into a ponytail. In other words: too lazy to blow dry.
I know, I know: I have awful dark circles under my eyes. I don’t sleep enough, nor do I invest in good makeup.
Coming up today:
- A lunchtime trip to Whole Foods
- Hopefully making it to the gym tonight in time for Chisel and Spinning
LET’S PLAY A GAME: If you could live anywhere, where would you want to go? Let’s say you have no ties to your current home. You can go anywhere. Tell me where you’d want to live and why.