Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- Sending love to NYC. <3 about 19 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Running this weekend? Take @Abby_NYC & me with you! You'll learn! You'll laugh! You'll get stronger & faster! https://t.co/QMPaYNzT18 07:43:24 PM December 08, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Also Karla Johnson, Karen Hildebrand, & Kate Lydon — the three women who believed a 25-year-old could become an edi… https://t.co/B62UZNv5qj 05:12:52 PM December 08, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- December 6, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 49: Abby Bales, Founder of Reform Physical Therapy
- December 4, 2017 by AliMaking It Count
- November 29, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 48: Sally Bergesen, CEO & Founder of Oiselle
- November 22, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 47: Brian Cristiano's Great Turkey Trot of 2014
- November 16, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 46: Allie Kieffer
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Sure it’s a short month, but I can’t believe we’re already headed into March. Totally fine with that, since I equate March with the start of spring!
I watched some of the Academy Awards last night. I’m not a huge award show person, but ABS had them on so I tried to get interested. I had seen Black Swan, The Fighter and The Social Network, so I at least had some clue what was going on with all the references and nominees. I thought all of the big winners were deserving, though I would have loved to see The Social Network take home Best Picture (admittedly, I didn’t see The King’s Speech, which I’m sure is wonderful).
Honestly, the only part of award shows I care about is the red carpet. Anyone else?
Just catching up? Here’s what else I did this weekend:
- I tried out a new class at the gym on Friday.
- I struggled through a 12-mile run on Saturday, but enjoyed the sunshine and was glad I got it done.
- I spent the rest of the weekend relaxing in Westchester.
It’s an icky day in NYC — rain, again. But that’s also fine with me, since I had planned a running rest day anyway. I was still up at 5:30 am and couldn’t fall back asleep, so I used the extra morning time to be productive at the apartment.
In typical “make the best of it” fashion, I decided not to succumb to the weather and instead chose a hot pink floral ensemble.
The hairstyle = mini French braids in front pulled back into a ponytail. In other words: too lazy to blow dry.
I know, I know: I have awful dark circles under my eyes. I don’t sleep enough, nor do I invest in good makeup.
Coming up today:
- A lunchtime trip to Whole Foods
- Hopefully making it to the gym tonight in time for Chisel and Spinning
LET’S PLAY A GAME: If you could live anywhere, where would you want to go? Let’s say you have no ties to your current home. You can go anywhere. Tell me where you’d want to live and why.