- And on my very last run in Utah, I got to trot through a wintery wonderland. See ya soon, Ellie… https://t.co/JVIrl7TGBJ about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Still gasping for every ounce of air during every step of every run out here in the mountains,… https://t.co/XEBrilDvNP about 20 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- LAST DAY to enter the @Forestbound + Ali on the Run Show giveaway! https://t.co/sMKpm0wPE7 09:33:03 AM February 21, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Sure it’s a short month, but I can’t believe we’re already headed into March. Totally fine with that, since I equate March with the start of spring!
I watched some of the Academy Awards last night. I’m not a huge award show person, but ABS had them on so I tried to get interested. I had seen Black Swan, The Fighter and The Social Network, so I at least had some clue what was going on with all the references and nominees. I thought all of the big winners were deserving, though I would have loved to see The Social Network take home Best Picture (admittedly, I didn’t see The King’s Speech, which I’m sure is wonderful).
Honestly, the only part of award shows I care about is the red carpet. Anyone else?
Just catching up? Here’s what else I did this weekend:
- I tried out a new class at the gym on Friday.
- I struggled through a 12-mile run on Saturday, but enjoyed the sunshine and was glad I got it done.
- I spent the rest of the weekend relaxing in Westchester.
It’s an icky day in NYC — rain, again. But that’s also fine with me, since I had planned a running rest day anyway. I was still up at 5:30 am and couldn’t fall back asleep, so I used the extra morning time to be productive at the apartment.
In typical “make the best of it” fashion, I decided not to succumb to the weather and instead chose a hot pink floral ensemble.
The hairstyle = mini French braids in front pulled back into a ponytail. In other words: too lazy to blow dry.
I know, I know: I have awful dark circles under my eyes. I don’t sleep enough, nor do I invest in good makeup.
Coming up today:
- A lunchtime trip to Whole Foods
- Hopefully making it to the gym tonight in time for Chisel and Spinning
LET’S PLAY A GAME: If you could live anywhere, where would you want to go? Let’s say you have no ties to your current home. You can go anywhere. Tell me where you’d want to live and why.