Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- Wishing the HAPPIEST ANNIVERSARY to my favorite person, @brian_cristiano. Year 1 of marriage was… https://t.co/1Zv18UUzJT about 2 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Best opening number of the season. One of my all-time fave group routines. @mKiK808 is legendary. https://t.co/qpPQfXgukw about 13 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- August 31, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 40: Dr. Leah Lagos, Clinical Sport & Performance Psychologist
- August 3, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 39: Registered Dietitian Kelly Hogan
- July 18, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 38: I'm Back!
- June 20, 2017 by AliAn Update on the Crohn's Situation + Things I'm Loving Right Now
- June 15, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 37: Lindsey Hein, Host of the I'll Have Another Podcast
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
The Long Week Is Over
It’s the weekend! Thank goodness. It’s been a heck of a week.
Though it was rainy and icky this morning, the day wrapped up just fine.
After work, I hit up the gym to take an Ultimate Conditioning class. I had never taken it before and was excited to see what the instructor (“Susie Q”) would pack into the 60-minute session.
First, we got all of our equipment: a step, a 9-lb. body bar, a set of 5-lb. weights, a set of 8-lb. weights and a mat. Lots of stuff!
We spent the first 10-15 minutes doing a light cardio warm-up involving lots of grapevines, hamstring curls and basic moves on the step. From there, we got into deep leg work (lunges and squats) and upper body fun (bicep curls, tricep presses, tricep kick-backs, etc.). The class wrapped up with some basic crunch exercises for the abdominals and, lastly, partner exercises.
Overall the class was OK. It was a packed room, but the energy level was low, sadly. I also despise being asked to do partner work in group fitness classes. It’s always awkward pairing up, and even more awkward when you have to touch each other.
Still, I was glad I went and I expect to be a bit sore tomorrow, which is always a good sign!
After the gym, I met up with Lauren for a bit. Obviously you know how the night ended, right?
Check out all those toppings. Needless to say I’m going to bed with a full belly.
Fine by me: I’m attempting to conquer 12 miles tomorrow morning! I’m hoping the wind dies down by then, and it’s going to be a chilly run. But we’ll see what happens, won’t we?
TELL ME: What’s your perfect Friday night? I usually like to lay low on Fridays and go out on Saturdays. A good dinner, a movie and a dessert treat are my go-to stay-in activities.