Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- #TBT to when I used to run in those little Sony headband headphones! It took me YEARS to find a suitable replacemen… https://t.co/l3up1EV1Z9 about 5 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "Yeah, you can think I got this role ‘because I’m a girl.’ But the reality is it’s because I’m a girl who’s been wo… https://t.co/H7YHL1Uxan about 7 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- April 25, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 70: Katie Burke, Chief People Officer at HubSpot
- April 24, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 13
- April 18, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 69: Sarah Sellers, 2nd Female at the 2018 Boston Marathon
- April 18, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 12
- April 17, 2018 by AliBoston Marathon Inspiration & The Women I Admire
The Long Week Is Over
It’s the weekend! Thank goodness. It’s been a heck of a week.
Though it was rainy and icky this morning, the day wrapped up just fine.
After work, I hit up the gym to take an Ultimate Conditioning class. I had never taken it before and was excited to see what the instructor (“Susie Q”) would pack into the 60-minute session.
First, we got all of our equipment: a step, a 9-lb. body bar, a set of 5-lb. weights, a set of 8-lb. weights and a mat. Lots of stuff!
We spent the first 10-15 minutes doing a light cardio warm-up involving lots of grapevines, hamstring curls and basic moves on the step. From there, we got into deep leg work (lunges and squats) and upper body fun (bicep curls, tricep presses, tricep kick-backs, etc.). The class wrapped up with some basic crunch exercises for the abdominals and, lastly, partner exercises.
Overall the class was OK. It was a packed room, but the energy level was low, sadly. I also despise being asked to do partner work in group fitness classes. It’s always awkward pairing up, and even more awkward when you have to touch each other.
Still, I was glad I went and I expect to be a bit sore tomorrow, which is always a good sign!
After the gym, I met up with Lauren for a bit. Obviously you know how the night ended, right?
Check out all those toppings. Needless to say I’m going to bed with a full belly.
Fine by me: I’m attempting to conquer 12 miles tomorrow morning! I’m hoping the wind dies down by then, and it’s going to be a chilly run. But we’ll see what happens, won’t we?
TELL ME: What’s your perfect Friday night? I usually like to lay low on Fridays and go out on Saturdays. A good dinner, a movie and a dessert treat are my go-to stay-in activities.