Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- THREE DAYS LEFT to complete your @nyrr Virtual Valentine's Duo 5K! (I'm doing mine tomorrow with Ellie! She doesn't… https://t.co/eI7OsvwJQ8 about 17 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “Running made me better for our relationship outside of running. It gave me something to give to myself.” —Matt Pow… https://t.co/D02ghYtnM8 01:33:54 PM February 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- February 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 119: Love on the Run LIVE at New York Road Runners
- February 12, 2019 by AliI Love Love
- February 11, 2019 by Ali2 Years of the Ali on the Run Show
- February 7, 2019 by AliOn Exercise & Body Stuff After Baby
- February 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 118: A Message From Ali
The Long Week Is Over
It’s the weekend! Thank goodness. It’s been a heck of a week.
Though it was rainy and icky this morning, the day wrapped up just fine.
After work, I hit up the gym to take an Ultimate Conditioning class. I had never taken it before and was excited to see what the instructor (“Susie Q”) would pack into the 60-minute session.
First, we got all of our equipment: a step, a 9-lb. body bar, a set of 5-lb. weights, a set of 8-lb. weights and a mat. Lots of stuff!
We spent the first 10-15 minutes doing a light cardio warm-up involving lots of grapevines, hamstring curls and basic moves on the step. From there, we got into deep leg work (lunges and squats) and upper body fun (bicep curls, tricep presses, tricep kick-backs, etc.). The class wrapped up with some basic crunch exercises for the abdominals and, lastly, partner exercises.
Overall the class was OK. It was a packed room, but the energy level was low, sadly. I also despise being asked to do partner work in group fitness classes. It’s always awkward pairing up, and even more awkward when you have to touch each other.
Still, I was glad I went and I expect to be a bit sore tomorrow, which is always a good sign!
After the gym, I met up with Lauren for a bit. Obviously you know how the night ended, right?
Check out all those toppings. Needless to say I’m going to bed with a full belly.
Fine by me: I’m attempting to conquer 12 miles tomorrow morning! I’m hoping the wind dies down by then, and it’s going to be a chilly run. But we’ll see what happens, won’t we?
TELL ME: What’s your perfect Friday night? I usually like to lay low on Fridays and go out on Saturdays. A good dinner, a movie and a dessert treat are my go-to stay-in activities.