Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
- September 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 177: You Can Run a Marathon Q&A with Greg McMillan & Dr. Cathy Yeckel
- September 25, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 176: Megan Harrington, Creator of The Runner's Kitchen
You may have noticed that I didn’t post anything last night. That’s because I told myself never to drink and blog. Wine and Chinese food was a priority last night — so I abandoned the Internet. But I’m back now! (Sober.)
OK, so you know those Gap Long & Lean jeans I’ve been wearing all week?
I almost didn’t try them on in the store because I scoffed at the name. “Long and lean? I’m not long and lean. Obviously those jeans aren’t made for me.”
I tried them on anyway, fell in love, bought them and wore them out immediately. I love the dark color and that they sit nice and high on my hips (I’m no low-rise girl).
This morning I had a revelation: “Wait a second, Ali. Maybe the jeans aren’t made for long and lean people. Maybe they’re made for people who want to look long and lean! A-ha!”
Genius, I know.
My point is that I’m wearing the same pair of pants for the third day in a row. I haven’t washed them. I’ve been busy.
In other news, it’s a gross, rainy day in NYC today. I wasn’t planning to run anyway, so I’m not too bummed about the weather. It was actually kind of nice to lay in bed and listen to the rain for a little while this morning.
TELL ME: How often do you wash your jeans? I get several wears out of mine before I finally throw them in the wash. Then they shrink and I have to do lunges in them.