Follow Me - AliOnTheRun1
- New post: A Day in My Life. Wrote it a week ago. Just got around to posting it. Whatever. Also I <3 @Nov_Project_NYC http://t.co/VzoOQEVcJt about 5 hours ago
- Celebrities: They're just like us & they need running shoes, too. (Michael C. Hall. Cute.) about 12 hours ago
- I fear how badly this road rashy shower is going to hurt... about 17 hours ago
- A perfect tempo run topped off with a trip, a brutal fall, a skinned body and a lotta blood. Nice work, Feller. about 17 hours ago
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- July 29, 2014 by AliA WednesDAY In The Life
- July 8, 2014 by AliAdjustments
- June 23, 2014 by AliFairfield Half Marathon Recap
- June 17, 2014 by AliPerplexing Thoughts
- June 11, 2014 by AliWhy I'm So Glad I Gave The November Project A Second Shot
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Thankful Things Thursday: When We Need It Most
During my run this morning (4 chilly miles), I realized it was Thursday. Here at Ali On The Run, that means it’s Thankful Things Thursday.
As you regular readers know, I haven’t been having the best week. I’ve been feeling a little sad, and when I realized it was Thursday, my first thought was, “Ugh. What the heck am I going to say I’m thankful for today?” I started thinking about the elements that have made my week particularly challenging.
Then it hit me: “Ali! This is exactly why you created the made up weekly holiday!”
Some days — and weeks, and sometimes even months — will be hard. Really hard. Emotionally, physically, whatever. It’s during those moments of weakness that it’s most important to take a step back and assess the things we can be appreciative of.
So without further ado, here’s what I’m thankful for today…
I’m thankful for running. I’ve had two particularly wonderful runs this week. One made me feel physically strong. The other was emotionally cleansing. Both made me grateful that my body is capable of carrying me 1, 8, even 13.1 miles at a time.
I’m thankful for my new Gap jeans. I’m wearing them for the second day in a row. They’re so soft and they fit perfectly. I love buying jeans and not needing to get them tailored. Plus, they were a steal, coming in at less than $70 (for jeans, I say that’s a steal!). In my opinion, they can make an outfit that I normally wear with wide-leg jeans look totally different.
I’m thankful to have fabulous girl friends in my life. We went over this yesterday. They are incredible and I am blessed and lucky to have them in my world.
I’m thankful that Bath & Body Works hasn’t totally discontinued the Country Apple scent. It’s been my favorite since high school and I still use it.
I’m thankful for fro yo in my future. You bet I’ll be getting 16 Handles tonight.
I’m thankful for non-packed subway cars. Some days, the Downtown 6 train is so packed that you can barely breathe, let alone move. And I’m usually “that girl” with the huge purse on one shoulder and the giant gym back on the other. I take up a lot of standing space and people don’t enjoy me. But lately the subway has been totally manageable. Today I got to sit the entire time!
I’m thankful for hot showers. That one was easy.
I’m thankful for you. The blog world is a lovable community. I’m happy that I took the plunge and finally started a blog last year. I’ve met incredible people, found wonderful support and gained so much knowledge about healthy living, running, learning my limits and much more. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, comments, views and opinions with me daily. You rock.
YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW: Tell me what you’re thankful for today!