Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- "Yeah, you can think I got this role ‘because I’m a girl.’ But the reality is it’s because I’m a girl who’s been wo… https://t.co/H7YHL1Uxan about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "Define what success looks like for you. You'll have a voice in your head that questions everything—you can’t focus… https://t.co/tlAy2IqTfJ about 6 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- April 25, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 70: Katie Burke, Chief People Officer at HubSpot
- April 24, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 13
- April 18, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 69: Sarah Sellers, 2nd Female at the 2018 Boston Marathon
- April 18, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 12
- April 17, 2018 by AliBoston Marathon Inspiration & The Women I Admire
Thankful Things Thursday: When We Need It Most
During my run this morning (4 chilly miles), I realized it was Thursday. Here at Ali On The Run, that means it’s Thankful Things Thursday.
As you regular readers know, I haven’t been having the best week. I’ve been feeling a little sad, and when I realized it was Thursday, my first thought was, “Ugh. What the heck am I going to say I’m thankful for today?” I started thinking about the elements that have made my week particularly challenging.
Then it hit me: “Ali! This is exactly why you created the made up weekly holiday!”
Some days — and weeks, and sometimes even months — will be hard. Really hard. Emotionally, physically, whatever. It’s during those moments of weakness that it’s most important to take a step back and assess the things we can be appreciative of.
So without further ado, here’s what I’m thankful for today…
I’m thankful for running. I’ve had two particularly wonderful runs this week. One made me feel physically strong. The other was emotionally cleansing. Both made me grateful that my body is capable of carrying me 1, 8, even 13.1 miles at a time.
I’m thankful for my new Gap jeans. I’m wearing them for the second day in a row. They’re so soft and they fit perfectly. I love buying jeans and not needing to get them tailored. Plus, they were a steal, coming in at less than $70 (for jeans, I say that’s a steal!). In my opinion, they can make an outfit that I normally wear with wide-leg jeans look totally different.
I’m thankful to have fabulous girl friends in my life. We went over this yesterday. They are incredible and I am blessed and lucky to have them in my world.
I’m thankful that Bath & Body Works hasn’t totally discontinued the Country Apple scent. It’s been my favorite since high school and I still use it.
I’m thankful for fro yo in my future. You bet I’ll be getting 16 Handles tonight.
I’m thankful for non-packed subway cars. Some days, the Downtown 6 train is so packed that you can barely breathe, let alone move. And I’m usually “that girl” with the huge purse on one shoulder and the giant gym back on the other. I take up a lot of standing space and people don’t enjoy me. But lately the subway has been totally manageable. Today I got to sit the entire time!
I’m thankful for hot showers. That one was easy.
I’m thankful for you. The blog world is a lovable community. I’m happy that I took the plunge and finally started a blog last year. I’ve met incredible people, found wonderful support and gained so much knowledge about healthy living, running, learning my limits and much more. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, comments, views and opinions with me daily. You rock.
YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW: Tell me what you’re thankful for today!