Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
- June 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 255: Ramblings on the Run with Ali & Matt
- June 24, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 254: Samia Akbar, Fastest U.S.-Born Black Female Marathoner
- June 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 253: On the Job with Steph Blozy, Owner of Fleet Feet Sports West Hartford
An Ode To Lady Friends
People say girls are catty. People say girls gossip. People say girls are fake.
OK, maybe. Sometimes.
But today — and most days in general — my girls were life savers.
All day long I was showered with love from my lady friends. College roommates, blogger buddies, new acquaintances… People came out of the woodwork today when they heard I was feeling sad.
And I love them for that.
Lauren surprised me at my office and took me out for lunch (ahem, liquid lunch…champagne cocktails…don’t tell!). She also came carrying Godiva chocolates.
Teddy sent me a delicious (and beautiful) Edible Arrangement.
Don’t worry, I shared.
Dee, Courtney and Dana were in constant contact with me all day. College memories and movie quotes were flying about.
To cap off the night, I joined Nari and Danielle — my Mexico travel buddies — for a fabulous dinner (with wine).
And of course, there’s the ultimate girlfriend: my mom.
So this is a special shout out to the wonderful women in my life. (You know who you are — not just the ones mentioned in this post. Becky, Sarah, you know I love you both.) Ladies, I would not be where I am without your love, support, laughter and hugs. Thank you for being the best support system a girl could ask for. I love you.
TELL ME: Are you a girl’s girl or a guy’s girl? I used to say I was a guy’s girl and I got along better with dudes than ladies. But lately I’ve realized just how much I value the strong female friendships in my life.