Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- "Yeah, you can think I got this role ‘because I’m a girl.’ But the reality is it’s because I’m a girl who’s been wo… https://t.co/H7YHL1Uxan about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "Define what success looks like for you. You'll have a voice in your head that questions everything—you can’t focus… https://t.co/tlAy2IqTfJ about 6 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- April 25, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 70: Katie Burke, Chief People Officer at HubSpot
- April 24, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 13
- April 18, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 69: Sarah Sellers, 2nd Female at the 2018 Boston Marathon
- April 18, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 12
- April 17, 2018 by AliBoston Marathon Inspiration & The Women I Admire
An Ode To Lady Friends
People say girls are catty. People say girls gossip. People say girls are fake.
OK, maybe. Sometimes.
But today — and most days in general — my girls were life savers.
All day long I was showered with love from my lady friends. College roommates, blogger buddies, new acquaintances… People came out of the woodwork today when they heard I was feeling sad.
And I love them for that.
Lauren surprised me at my office and took me out for lunch (ahem, liquid lunch…champagne cocktails…don’t tell!). She also came carrying Godiva chocolates.
Teddy sent me a delicious (and beautiful) Edible Arrangement.
Don’t worry, I shared.
Dee, Courtney and Dana were in constant contact with me all day. College memories and movie quotes were flying about.
To cap off the night, I joined Nari and Danielle — my Mexico travel buddies — for a fabulous dinner (with wine).
And of course, there’s the ultimate girlfriend: my mom.
So this is a special shout out to the wonderful women in my life. (You know who you are — not just the ones mentioned in this post. Becky, Sarah, you know I love you both.) Ladies, I would not be where I am without your love, support, laughter and hugs. Thank you for being the best support system a girl could ask for. I love you.
TELL ME: Are you a girl’s girl or a guy’s girl? I used to say I was a guy’s girl and I got along better with dudes than ladies. But lately I’ve realized just how much I value the strong female friendships in my life.