Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I’ve always been in such awe of parents who finish their races and go right back to momming and dadding. It seemed… https://t.co/wIS9mufpqJ about 8 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Oh gosh, if your job is to be the PR agency representing Skechers, YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO SPELL SKECHERS! THERE IS… https://t.co/7LUVkG0Swd about 14 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 128: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Nicole Detling, Sports Psychologist
- March 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 127: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Rachel Nazarian, Dermatologist
- March 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 126: Ali & the Experts Week with Shannon McLay, Founder of The Financial Gym
- March 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 125: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Logan Levkoff, Sex & Relationships Educator
- March 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 124: Ali & the Experts Week with Brynn Fessette O'Neill, Physical Therapist
Why I Like Winter
Happy Tuesday! In case you’re just catching up from the long weekend, here’s what you missed:
- I ran on Friday night — this was the day the temperature climbed to the high 60s. It was beautiful.
- I learned from my mistakes during a challenging 10-mile run on Saturday.
- I took a rest day on Sunday.
- On Monday, I redeemed myself with a fantastic 8-mile run through snowy Central Park.
- I took Louis Van Amstel’s “La Blast” class last night at Crunch. He’s one handsome man.
I woke up this morning feeling refreshed, relaxed and ready to start the short work week. My alarm was set for 5:45 and ABS and I both managed to get up and out of bed on time!
Of course, I crawled out of bed to see this on TV:
The kind weather guy let me know that it’s a full 50 degrees colder than it was last Friday. Thanks, man.
Winter isn’t my favorite season. But since it seems to be dragging on this year, I figure I may as well embrace it.
Here are 10 Things I Like About Winter:
1. Testing my running limits. I used to be a fair weather runner. This year, I’ve run in snow and sleet, in below-freezing temperatures and through ankle-deep snow. I’ve enjoyed pushing myself and seeing what my body is capable of. Running in the cold can be fun if you’re dressed properly, and running in the snow is beautiful.
2. Cute cold-weather accessories. This year I’ve loved wearing lots of fun hats and warm scarves.
3. Going skiing and tubing. Snow sports are the best. I grew up skiing and I still love it.
4. Warm drinks. Hot chocolate tastes so much better when it’s cold outside. Extra whipped cream, please!
5. Bright tights. I prefer bare legs to tights, but when I have to layer up, I like tights that add a pop of color to my outfit. Case in point: the hot pink ones I’m wearing today!
6. Sunrises. In the summer, you expect the sunrise to be spectacular. In the winter, it seems more special.
7. Lots of covers on the bed. I like sleeping in a cool room with tons of blankets.
8. Frozen yogurt. It tastes just as good, no matter the weather.
9. Sleeping in. During the summer, I force myself to wake up early on the weekends in order to get long runs in before it gets too hot. No need to do that during the winter! You don’t have to set a Saturday alarm and can run whenever you want.
10. The fact that spring is just around the corner!
YOUR TURN: What do you like about winter? There has to be something!