- I'm not good at wrapping presents, but I AM good at forgetting to hit "Submit" on my Seamless order & then realizing it an hour later! about 2 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "You wanna be a big dog? Big dogs get bit." —Charlie from "Scandal." A surprising voice of reason. Just this once. about 8 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Going to the post office three days before Christmas was a GOOD idea! Everyone was very nice and pleasant! #nope about 11 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- December 18, 2014 by AliHawaii Part II: Maui!
- December 17, 2014 by AliHawaii Part I: Oahu
- December 8, 2014 by Ali“Are You Serious?!”
- November 21, 2014 by AliDon't You Forget About Me
- November 5, 2014 by Ali“This Isn’t Steamtown”: My New York City Marathon 2014 Recap
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Why I Like Winter
Happy Tuesday! In case you’re just catching up from the long weekend, here’s what you missed:
- I ran on Friday night — this was the day the temperature climbed to the high 60s. It was beautiful.
- I learned from my mistakes during a challenging 10-mile run on Saturday.
- I took a rest day on Sunday.
- On Monday, I redeemed myself with a fantastic 8-mile run through snowy Central Park.
- I took Louis Van Amstel’s “La Blast” class last night at Crunch. He’s one handsome man.
I woke up this morning feeling refreshed, relaxed and ready to start the short work week. My alarm was set for 5:45 and ABS and I both managed to get up and out of bed on time!
Of course, I crawled out of bed to see this on TV:
The kind weather guy let me know that it’s a full 50 degrees colder than it was last Friday. Thanks, man.
Winter isn’t my favorite season. But since it seems to be dragging on this year, I figure I may as well embrace it.
Here are 10 Things I Like About Winter:
1. Testing my running limits. I used to be a fair weather runner. This year, I’ve run in snow and sleet, in below-freezing temperatures and through ankle-deep snow. I’ve enjoyed pushing myself and seeing what my body is capable of. Running in the cold can be fun if you’re dressed properly, and running in the snow is beautiful.
2. Cute cold-weather accessories. This year I’ve loved wearing lots of fun hats and warm scarves.
3. Going skiing and tubing. Snow sports are the best. I grew up skiing and I still love it.
4. Warm drinks. Hot chocolate tastes so much better when it’s cold outside. Extra whipped cream, please!
5. Bright tights. I prefer bare legs to tights, but when I have to layer up, I like tights that add a pop of color to my outfit. Case in point: the hot pink ones I’m wearing today!
6. Sunrises. In the summer, you expect the sunrise to be spectacular. In the winter, it seems more special.
7. Lots of covers on the bed. I like sleeping in a cool room with tons of blankets.
8. Frozen yogurt. It tastes just as good, no matter the weather.
9. Sleeping in. During the summer, I force myself to wake up early on the weekends in order to get long runs in before it gets too hot. No need to do that during the winter! You don’t have to set a Saturday alarm and can run whenever you want.
10. The fact that spring is just around the corner!
YOUR TURN: What do you like about winter? There has to be something!