Subscribe to my Blog!Enter your email address below:
Follow Me – AliOnTheRun1
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- November 30, 2012 by Ali'Tis The Season To Be Giving (So How About An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway?)
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Why I Like Winter
Happy Tuesday! In case you’re just catching up from the long weekend, here’s what you missed:
- I ran on Friday night — this was the day the temperature climbed to the high 60s. It was beautiful.
- I learned from my mistakes during a challenging 10-mile run on Saturday.
- I took a rest day on Sunday.
- On Monday, I redeemed myself with a fantastic 8-mile run through snowy Central Park.
- I took Louis Van Amstel’s “La Blast” class last night at Crunch. He’s one handsome man.
I woke up this morning feeling refreshed, relaxed and ready to start the short work week. My alarm was set for 5:45 and ABS and I both managed to get up and out of bed on time!
Of course, I crawled out of bed to see this on TV:
The kind weather guy let me know that it’s a full 50 degrees colder than it was last Friday. Thanks, man.
Winter isn’t my favorite season. But since it seems to be dragging on this year, I figure I may as well embrace it.
Here are 10 Things I Like About Winter:
1. Testing my running limits. I used to be a fair weather runner. This year, I’ve run in snow and sleet, in below-freezing temperatures and through ankle-deep snow. I’ve enjoyed pushing myself and seeing what my body is capable of. Running in the cold can be fun if you’re dressed properly, and running in the snow is beautiful.
2. Cute cold-weather accessories. This year I’ve loved wearing lots of fun hats and warm scarves.
3. Going skiing and tubing. Snow sports are the best. I grew up skiing and I still love it.
4. Warm drinks. Hot chocolate tastes so much better when it’s cold outside. Extra whipped cream, please!
5. Bright tights. I prefer bare legs to tights, but when I have to layer up, I like tights that add a pop of color to my outfit. Case in point: the hot pink ones I’m wearing today!
6. Sunrises. In the summer, you expect the sunrise to be spectacular. In the winter, it seems more special.
7. Lots of covers on the bed. I like sleeping in a cool room with tons of blankets.
8. Frozen yogurt. It tastes just as good, no matter the weather.
9. Sleeping in. During the summer, I force myself to wake up early on the weekends in order to get long runs in before it gets too hot. No need to do that during the winter! You don’t have to set a Saturday alarm and can run whenever you want.
10. The fact that spring is just around the corner!
YOUR TURN: What do you like about winter? There has to be something!