Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- It’s been such a good week with Annie! I feel like my postnatal fog has truly lifted, and I’m just having so much f… https://t.co/5qyequolyQ 07:52:02 PM December 13, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Love having @AfterShokz as a sponsor of the Ali on the Run Show. If you haven't picked up a pair for yourself, hop… https://t.co/utknwcQPok 04:52:43 PM December 13, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "You’re not brave unless you try. You’re not brave unless you show up. You’ve gotta get there, and when you get the… https://t.co/RYt4UQtfie 01:58:38 PM December 13, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- December 12, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 110: Olivia Young, Creator of Box + Flow
- December 5, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 109: Jes Woods, Nike Run Coach
- December 4, 2018 by AliNew Mom Challenges: What I Mean When I Say It's Hard
- November 28, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 108: 11 Ways I Improved My Confidence
- November 27, 2018 by AliMy Newborn Must-Haves
Why I Like Winter
Happy Tuesday! In case you’re just catching up from the long weekend, here’s what you missed:
- I ran on Friday night — this was the day the temperature climbed to the high 60s. It was beautiful.
- I learned from my mistakes during a challenging 10-mile run on Saturday.
- I took a rest day on Sunday.
- On Monday, I redeemed myself with a fantastic 8-mile run through snowy Central Park.
- I took Louis Van Amstel’s “La Blast” class last night at Crunch. He’s one handsome man.
I woke up this morning feeling refreshed, relaxed and ready to start the short work week. My alarm was set for 5:45 and ABS and I both managed to get up and out of bed on time!
Of course, I crawled out of bed to see this on TV:
The kind weather guy let me know that it’s a full 50 degrees colder than it was last Friday. Thanks, man.
Winter isn’t my favorite season. But since it seems to be dragging on this year, I figure I may as well embrace it.
Here are 10 Things I Like About Winter:
1. Testing my running limits. I used to be a fair weather runner. This year, I’ve run in snow and sleet, in below-freezing temperatures and through ankle-deep snow. I’ve enjoyed pushing myself and seeing what my body is capable of. Running in the cold can be fun if you’re dressed properly, and running in the snow is beautiful.
2. Cute cold-weather accessories. This year I’ve loved wearing lots of fun hats and warm scarves.
3. Going skiing and tubing. Snow sports are the best. I grew up skiing and I still love it.
4. Warm drinks. Hot chocolate tastes so much better when it’s cold outside. Extra whipped cream, please!
5. Bright tights. I prefer bare legs to tights, but when I have to layer up, I like tights that add a pop of color to my outfit. Case in point: the hot pink ones I’m wearing today!
6. Sunrises. In the summer, you expect the sunrise to be spectacular. In the winter, it seems more special.
7. Lots of covers on the bed. I like sleeping in a cool room with tons of blankets.
8. Frozen yogurt. It tastes just as good, no matter the weather.
9. Sleeping in. During the summer, I force myself to wake up early on the weekends in order to get long runs in before it gets too hot. No need to do that during the winter! You don’t have to set a Saturday alarm and can run whenever you want.
10. The fact that spring is just around the corner!
YOUR TURN: What do you like about winter? There has to be something!