Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- February 21, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 61: Dr. Meggie Q&A Part I: Egg Freezing, Periods, Hormones, & Birth Control
- February 14, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 60: Emma Coburn
- February 12, 2018 by AliThings I Think About A Lot
- February 11, 2018 by AliYear 1 on the Run
- February 7, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 59: Emily Saul, Co-Leader of November Project Boston
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Kind Words, Sore Calves
I can’t believe tomorrow is already Wednesday! I adore short work weeks.
My goal is to be ready for bed by 10 pm, which means I have to make this quick. You know what that means: list making time!
Here’s a bit about what went down today:
1. The workday flew by. I was really busy, got lots done and overall had a good day at the office. Though the aroma of past-their-prime Valentine’s Day bouquets is a bit nauseating. Let’s start trashing the dead flowers, shall we?
2. I strength trained. I had lots of time to do some strength training before spinning began. I feel like I’ve been slacking a bit in the strength training department, so it was nice to squeeze in some heavy tricep work (push-downs and dips) as well as a plank series, some abs and foam rolling.
3. I spun. Spinned? Both sound weird. I really enjoyed today’s class which included a great remix of the Rocky theme song. Must. Download. Now.
4. I walked. I didn’t feel like taking the subway across town, so I walked. Yes, it was cold out. But my iPod kept me company and I enjoyed having some Ali Time at the end of the day.
5. I laughed at my mail. This came for me today:
But these came, too!
6. I made the easiest dinner ever. Broccoli and a piece of fish from the batch my dad brought down for me. It was delicious.
7. I adored “Glee.” Don’t worry, I won’t spoil anything. But I really enjoyed tonight’s episode.
8. I got the best message ever today. Hearing from readers is always a wonderful treat. But today I got an extra special message from a college friend. She let me know that Ali On The Run has brightened her days and motivated her to start running again. I haven’t responded yet because I was somewhat floored at her kind words. Don’t worry, Cathy — I’m getting back to you tonight!
9. I have sore calves. I love being sore! I think it’s definitely from prancing around on my toes during last night’s class with Louis Van Amstel.
10. I updated my blogroll. Check it out. I’m somewhat selective about which blogs I include on my Must Reads list. There are more that I read every day, but the ones on my list are my absolute favorites that I have no reservations about recommending to you. And of course, if you have any favorites I should know about, please let me know. I love finding fabulous new gems!
And there’s my Tuesday for you!
ASK ME: I’m going to be posting a “Frequently Asked Questions” page on Ali On The Run later this week. I have a few fun questions prepared but I have plenty of room for lots more. Got a question you’re dying to ask me about running, gym classes, Crohn’s Disease, my favorite chocolate snacks or how I survive living with a messy boy? Ask away!