Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- This post is #sponsored by the amergastroassn #IBDParenthoodProject. Now and then. It's so crazy to look back at… https://t.co/q8xyFhBdCG 07:12:30 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “When you’re in a powerless position & the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t goin… https://t.co/Oxg9MuShaT 06:30:59 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Shout-out to all the parents out there whose babies are getting four teeth at once. Whose babies have woken up cryi… https://t.co/SDPVCQ7Rpu 06:44:39 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Loved talking to @junodemelo and @runnersworld about my relationships with podcasting and running! https://t.co/H6Fr3ekXVr 02:27:52 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
On Saturday, I ran 10 rather frustrating, difficult miles.
Yesterday, I forced myself to take a rest day.
Today, I came back with a vengeance.
After a fabulous dinner at Tony’s Di Napoli last night, ABS and I came home, watched some “Mad Men” then got to sleep nice and early.
I was shocked when I woke up this morning (I slept until 8:30 am — amazing. Can every weekend be a long weekend?) to see that the city had been blanketed with lots of beautiful, fluffy snow.
I did some stretching and some ab things, ate some breakfast and by then the snow had stopped falling.
According to the weather report, it was 28 degrees when I left the apartment. It felt much warmer though. Here’s my “It just snowed so I’m wearing lots of clothing” layering process:
I was never cold during the run and probably could have done without the vest.
The run itself was awesome. The sidewalks and the running road in Central Park were perfectly clear (good work, NYC cleanup crew!), the wind was subtle (as opposed to Saturday’s ridiculous winds) and my legs felt warm and fast.
I guess rest days can be helpful, after all.
As always, I took tons of photos while I was out. Even though I’ve seen this city covered in snow for months now, I’m not sick of it.
Hopefully you’re not sick of it either. Here are the photos I took today…
Time to tackle the day!
- Grocery shopping
- Tony’s leftovers for lunch
- Hitting up Crunch later for a very special class. Check back tonight for a full review.
TELL ME: Most people have today off (ABS and me included)! Do you have the day off? How are you spending it?