Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
On Saturday, I ran 10 rather frustrating, difficult miles.
Yesterday, I forced myself to take a rest day.
Today, I came back with a vengeance.
After a fabulous dinner at Tony’s Di Napoli last night, ABS and I came home, watched some “Mad Men” then got to sleep nice and early.
I was shocked when I woke up this morning (I slept until 8:30 am — amazing. Can every weekend be a long weekend?) to see that the city had been blanketed with lots of beautiful, fluffy snow.
I did some stretching and some ab things, ate some breakfast and by then the snow had stopped falling.
According to the weather report, it was 28 degrees when I left the apartment. It felt much warmer though. Here’s my “It just snowed so I’m wearing lots of clothing” layering process:
I was never cold during the run and probably could have done without the vest.
The run itself was awesome. The sidewalks and the running road in Central Park were perfectly clear (good work, NYC cleanup crew!), the wind was subtle (as opposed to Saturday’s ridiculous winds) and my legs felt warm and fast.
I guess rest days can be helpful, after all.
As always, I took tons of photos while I was out. Even though I’ve seen this city covered in snow for months now, I’m not sick of it.
Hopefully you’re not sick of it either. Here are the photos I took today…
Time to tackle the day!
- Grocery shopping
- Tony’s leftovers for lunch
- Hitting up Crunch later for a very special class. Check back tonight for a full review.
TELL ME: Most people have today off (ABS and me included)! Do you have the day off? How are you spending it?