Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye about 23 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
Epic Sunrise, Favorite Outfit
First of all, thank you for all of your wonderful comments on last night’s “Sad Ali” post. Your responses cheered me up quite a bit!
Second of all, shout out to ABS. Today is his birthday! Any guesses on how old he is? We’re going out to dinner tonight at Abe & Arthur’s, which should be delicious. We’ve both been wanting to go there for a little while now, and the name seemed fitting for his big day.
OK, let’s talk about today, shall we?
I had a really hard time waking up this morning. I haven’t been getting nearly enough sleep these past few days, but I still wanted to get some sort of run in this morning.
I was a little worried when I saw that it was 28 degrees outside, but when I got out there it was surprisingly nice and comfortable.
Plus, the sunrise… Oh my gosh, the sunrise.
This morning was perhaps the best one yet.
There’s something so peaceful about this running route. Now that the sun comes up later (and, ugh, I wake up later each day), the timing is perfect for me to run along as the sun comes up over the water.
Granted, I say “peaceful” and yet as I’m running I’m listening to oddly kinky music like Rihanna’s “S&M” song. To each her own, right?
My run was OK. I would have liked to cover 4 miles but I only had time for 3. My morning also consisted of picking up my dry cleaning, wrapping presents for ABS (as last-minute as possible!) and picking out a stellar outfit that would work for both work and dinner.
Fun fact: I didn’t wear tights today! I just didn’t want to, and I’m ready to retire all of my tights for the season pretty soon. Plus, I wasn’t cold at all during my commute!
My outfit today is one you’ve seen before: the beloved blue dress.
I have a black blazer with me in case I get cold, but for now I’m quite comfy as I settle into the office.
You can’t always control what happens in life. But you can control your outfits. And if you dress the part, I promise it will perk you up at least a little bit.
Down from soap box.
TALK: I want to know how often you wash your hair. I know this is totally unrelated to the post. Since I exercise daily I also shower daily, and wet/rinse my hair both times. But I only shampoo and condition it once or twice a week. Your thoughts, please!
Have a great day!