Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- A beautiful piece about @ShalaneFlanagan's retirement, by @erinstrout for @WomensRunning! https://t.co/MroKJYnzsf 09:48:56 AM October 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It’s hard not to play the comparison game sometimes when it comes to running and social media. Every weekend morni… https://t.co/aM5H9M1OmL 07:34:45 PM October 20, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Everything’s better in the off-season. 😎 @ Asbury Park Boardwalk https://t.co/lQSHJQD2c2 02:45:55 PM October 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- NYC runners, I am so sad I can't go to this, but YOU SHOULD! A great lineup sharing @nycmarathon tips, advice, and… https://t.co/uFMAjhepeC 07:34:49 AM October 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
Thankful Things Thursday: Outfits & Sunlight
We’re just one day away from the weekend! So let’s get right down to business.
It’s Thursday, and you know what that means: time to be thankful! Here are the things I’m über-appreciative of this morning…
I’m thankful that I’ve got three outfits I really like on hand for tomorrow’s “Run for the Rabbit” screen test at Jack Rabbit. I’m pretty sure I know which one I’m going to go with, but feel free to weigh in and share your thoughts in the comments. All three outfits are very “me” and I’m comfortable in all of them. I’m not trying to put on a show for anyone tomorrow — I’m going in as myself, not a dolled-up, dressed-up, showy version of myself. Thoughts?
I’ve already made up my mind (I think) but feedback is welcome, of course!
I’m thankful for pink fuzzy gloves that are not made for running but that keep my hands toasty anyway. Who needs fancy, pricey gloves when you’ve got these bad boys?
I’m thankful that the East River running path is finally cleared and safe. This morning I was able to cover 4 miles without dodging massive ice patches or jumping over puddles. I’m sure it won’t last long, but I’ll enjoy it while I can!
I’m thankful it’s light out in the morning again! Granted, today I left super late for my run. I didn’t get to sleep until midnight last night and 5:30 am came a bit too soon for my liking. I reset my alarm for 5:55 and then, due to some stomach crankiness, didn’t get out the door until after 6:30. So yeah, at that point, it was light out! It’s so much better than running in the dark.
I’m thankful for consistency. I love that I see the same people every morning when I go out running. I don’t know if they notice me or not, but I like knowing that we all wake up and do similar things at similar times. I guess that even includes Crazy Chihuahua Lady… Oy. I do wish her yappy little dogs would stop running underneath my feet though. I’m really nervous that one of these days I’m going to accidentally step on one of them or punt them into the river or something.
I’m thankful that tonight is yoga night. As I wrote last week, I’ve really taken a liking to practicing yoga every week, and it’s doing wonders for my body. My flexibility is slowly coming back and I really do enjoy twisting myself into difficult poses. I always leave class feeling refreshed and relaxed.
I’m thankful for Usher’s new song, “More.” It gets me pumped. I had an all out dance party today after my run while I was waiting to cross the street back to my apartment. A girl on the street saw me grooving and smiled at me. I almost asked her if she wanted to dance with me…
You know the drill now, everyone! Leave your “Thankful Things Thursday” contributions in the comments and let me know what’s making you smile today.