Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- It’s my first time being away from Annie, and I’m totally fine! No, really. I am actually totally fine! I miss her… https://t.co/M7OAKfdEUk 07:33:16 PM January 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This is exactly what I needed to watch this morning. (And every morning.) @BillyYang https://t.co/UOUYs5AV1w 09:13:16 AM January 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My vision: me, standing all cute in front of the NYC skyline, holding big, shiny, hot pink balloons spelling out “2… https://t.co/OvFMUZlzJ5 06:16:58 PM January 23, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 200: Starla Garcia, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
Thankful Things Thursday: Outfits & Sunlight
We’re just one day away from the weekend! So let’s get right down to business.
It’s Thursday, and you know what that means: time to be thankful! Here are the things I’m über-appreciative of this morning…
I’m thankful that I’ve got three outfits I really like on hand for tomorrow’s “Run for the Rabbit” screen test at Jack Rabbit. I’m pretty sure I know which one I’m going to go with, but feel free to weigh in and share your thoughts in the comments. All three outfits are very “me” and I’m comfortable in all of them. I’m not trying to put on a show for anyone tomorrow — I’m going in as myself, not a dolled-up, dressed-up, showy version of myself. Thoughts?
I’ve already made up my mind (I think) but feedback is welcome, of course!
I’m thankful for pink fuzzy gloves that are not made for running but that keep my hands toasty anyway. Who needs fancy, pricey gloves when you’ve got these bad boys?
I’m thankful that the East River running path is finally cleared and safe. This morning I was able to cover 4 miles without dodging massive ice patches or jumping over puddles. I’m sure it won’t last long, but I’ll enjoy it while I can!
I’m thankful it’s light out in the morning again! Granted, today I left super late for my run. I didn’t get to sleep until midnight last night and 5:30 am came a bit too soon for my liking. I reset my alarm for 5:55 and then, due to some stomach crankiness, didn’t get out the door until after 6:30. So yeah, at that point, it was light out! It’s so much better than running in the dark.
I’m thankful for consistency. I love that I see the same people every morning when I go out running. I don’t know if they notice me or not, but I like knowing that we all wake up and do similar things at similar times. I guess that even includes Crazy Chihuahua Lady… Oy. I do wish her yappy little dogs would stop running underneath my feet though. I’m really nervous that one of these days I’m going to accidentally step on one of them or punt them into the river or something.
I’m thankful that tonight is yoga night. As I wrote last week, I’ve really taken a liking to practicing yoga every week, and it’s doing wonders for my body. My flexibility is slowly coming back and I really do enjoy twisting myself into difficult poses. I always leave class feeling refreshed and relaxed.
I’m thankful for Usher’s new song, “More.” It gets me pumped. I had an all out dance party today after my run while I was waiting to cross the street back to my apartment. A girl on the street saw me grooving and smiled at me. I almost asked her if she wanted to dance with me…
You know the drill now, everyone! Leave your “Thankful Things Thursday” contributions in the comments and let me know what’s making you smile today.